ForumsNews and Feedback[req][ans]Ninja Avoider

3 2389
acmed
acmed
3,518 posts
Nomad

You know how a lot of users get Ninja'd a lot. Well I was thinking we should have a pop up system. Let's say we're on a forum about to post something when someone else posts. That way we can immediately see that someone else posted, and we save the embarrassment of being ninja'd. Any thoughts?

• 3 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I don't know if that's possible or not. But an edit button in AG3 will be able to help with the problem of getting ninja'd.

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

What you are looking for is live updates to the forums or pop notifications. I think this has been discussed for AG2 but the thing is, this is extremely server intensive. AG has removed features, such as random games, due to the amount of processing they demand from the servers. It isn't even very necessary, the main place people get ninja'd is the forum games, other forums get ninja'd less often and in most cases doesn't matter.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

There is no embarrassment in being ninjaed, unless it is some 5-10 minutes later. If you are that concerned, there is the trick of "copy-f5-paste-post", which would avoid the most ninjas. If it's in the same minute anyway, there is little anything could do anyway.

Showing 1-3 of 3