ForumsThe TavernTime Travel

12 3152
Strongbow
Strongbow
324 posts
Nomad

Hi. I don't know if this has been discussed before, but here is two questions:

If you could time travel to any point in history, where would you go and at what time?

If you could alter the events you witnessed, what would you do and why?

• 12 Replies
Wolfelord
Wolfelord
77 posts
Nomad

I would possibly time travel to when Hitler was born and would kill him before he could start influincing people. If i wasn't allowed to do that I would go back t when I was born and make sure my parents didn't get a divorce. Would have made my life so much easier.

Strongbow
Strongbow
324 posts
Nomad

Sorry to hear that. Killing that chap would save the world from a lot of grief, thats certain, (although most of the Call of Duty games would never have been made.)

redbedhead
redbedhead
341 posts
Nomad

I would go back and kill Charles Darwin so we could have alot less idiots in the world today. Then I would go hit all the dictators that made this world horrible to live in at some periods of time.

Captian_EO
Captian_EO
172 posts
Nomad

I would go back to the 70's and marry...
and I would change that I would be born in 1958. I don't know how'd I accomplish that, but if I could I would.

Strongbow
Strongbow
324 posts
Nomad

LoL! Why would you want to be married in the 70s?

I'd love to travel back to Rome at its height. I'd love to watch a play or see a gladitorial match.

Captian_EO
Captian_EO
172 posts
Nomad

The love of my life was a young adult in the 70s. Now he's 50.
Rome is cool, that would be totally amazing to see it in all its glory.

Strongbow
Strongbow
324 posts
Nomad

ahh! How wonderful! I also wouldnt mind seeing a bonifide ball, circa 18th century. The fashion and dances would have been wonderful to see. (except corsets) *shudders*

sonnymasta
sonnymasta
294 posts
Peasant

I would go back in time and correct every mistake i did and still have knowledge of myself that i went in time so that life would be so awesome because my life is 200% bad to this day.

Strongbow
Strongbow
324 posts
Nomad

Why so bad? Everyone makes mistakes. Actually, although this may be a bit canned, its important to make mistakes.
Interesting quotes about mistakes:

"Wise men profit from fools more than fools from wise men. For wise men shun the mistakes of fools, yet fools do not imitate the successes of the wise."
-Cato the Elder

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is continually fearing you'll make one."
-Elbert Hubbard

"Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it again."
-Franklin P Jones

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
-George Bernard Shaw

"If you have made mistakes, even serious ones, there is always another chance for you. What we call failure is not the falling down but the staying down."
-Mary Pickford

"If I had my life to live over...I'd dare to make more mistakes next time."
-Nadine Stair

"Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes."
-Mahatma Ghandi

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,060 posts
Blacksmith

Shuddering at corsets? Tsk tsk... anyway

I do not think I would go back in time... I might go back to the 70s and be a hippie for a while, as long as it doesn't change how my life is right now. Things are going pretty swimmingly right now, and even though I have made mistakes, Id rather have made them and learned from them.

donosld
donosld
70 posts
Nomad

I don't really think CHANGING the past might be such a great idea... I know there has been alot of evil in the past, but without suffering there can be no compassion.

Strongbow
Strongbow
324 posts
Nomad

@DragonMistress: I find breathing essential to survival

Mistakes, as you saw above, are important. Like DragonMistress said, I'm not certain I'd change any real events, but I would certainly like to witness some, or take part in them!

-Babe Ruth hitting a home run.
-WWI dogfight
-Martin Luthor King speak
-Flag raising at Iwo Jima
-The Monitor and Merimac beat on each other
-My own birth? (too strange?)

Showing 1-12 of 12