The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernBest and Worst Teachers

15 2807
savdebunnies
savdebunnies
111 posts
Nomad

Who was/is the best and the worst teacher you ever had? What did/do you like/hate about them?
(If you don't want to put their name just put what grade and subject they taught.)

Best: 7th grade history teacher. She's just plain awesome. No other way to say it.
Worst: 2nd grade homeroom. Beat kids up, cursed, yelled at us for no reason. ect. ect.

• 15 Replies
ninjaassasin1234
ninjaassasin1234
133 posts
Nomad

Best:7th grade math teacher. She was smoking hot!
Worst:5th grade reading teacher. She was evil...

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

My 7th grade english teacher hated me... probably because she heard me call this poem stupid.

TackyCrazyTNT
TackyCrazyTNT
1,936 posts
Peasant

Best: AP Euro teacher. Just...awesome. He made European history fun, somehow. Oo
Worst: Most of my English teachers and some of my Math teachers. Boring and overly strict, with no deviations to their teachings, even if they were improvements.

puppetadventurer
puppetadventurer
35 posts
Nomad

Best: 4th grade - Bonnie
Worst: 5th grade - Anita

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,487 posts
Blacksmith

best- 10th grade english teacher
worst-10th grade AP world history teacher

all of my teachers were kinda cookie cutter till sophomore year, that is why.

DeadlyVelociraptor
DeadlyVelociraptor
3,415 posts
Nomad

Best: Amos, he is seriously not only my favorite teacher but is such a good gifted/honors program teacher that he is known throughout Israel...

Anyway he doesn't teach any school stuff, mostly just teaches weird programs with all sorts of super-awesome riddles and mind-stuff.

But if you're for the best in school, I'd actually have to go with this year's LA/SS Teacher, coming from Israel's super crappy teachers (Pretty much all of the normal ones were super-crappy) to America's super-experienced nice teachers was awesome. Especially my SS teacher, because she was some-one you could actually have a meaningful conversation with about the topic; not only get the pleasant "The answer to your question is in book"

-,-

Worst: I'd have to go with my 3rd-to-6th grade science teacher, she would scream all the time for no reason, and when you asked any sort of question in class she would give you a "I will murder you in your sleep, drink your blood and burn your body" sort of look.

Yet when the class became scared of her,it became hell on earth. She would yell everybody's favorite quote:

"I'm not a monster, I haven't eaten anyone in this room"

As she does, the "crack" sound of snapping bones would come from inside her mouth...

:3

tl;dr: My favorite is a riddle, mind-stuff for gifted kids guy, and this years LA, SS teacher. My worst was a monster-like science teacher.

016Bramble
016Bramble
408 posts
Nomad

My 4th grade homeroom teacher was cool. She let us write our own play for our english assignment, unlike the other teacher who gave that assignment.

My 7th grade english teacher was really nice, before class we could hang out in her room, which had couches!!!! (Private School) She didn't do anything when I called someone stupid

Also, my 7th grade geography teacher was cool. He gave us all nicknames and played a game with us if we got done with class early (never, based on our excessive talking. Did he mind? No.).

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

Best: Mr. Howell; woodworking teacher, liscensed carpenter, always knew what he was talking about.

Worst: Mrs. Stickney; math teacher, completely useless, never knew what she was talking about. We would learn a new lesson every day, and she would explain something new wrong. I, without any prior knowledge on the subject, would correct her.

For example, one day we were learning about "how to make a circle on a graph without a center at the origin". She drew a deflated basketball and called it a circle. I noticed the top point was incorrectly placed and should have been up one more unit. I pointed it out, and she responded with, "How do you know?"
I said, "Because that's not a circle."
She looked at the graph and said "Oh", changed the point to where I said it should be, and asked the class, "Why didn't everyone else see that?"

Things like that happened almost every day.

DeadlyVelociraptor
DeadlyVelociraptor
3,415 posts
Nomad

@EmperorPalpatine, that happened to me quite a few times, and I swear it can one of the most annoying ****s ever... (Sorry for the expression)

Have you ever read Ender's game? Anyway in the book Ender's sister has the same situation, which after many turns of events results in her and Ender's older brother pretty much running world politics...

You should, uh, try that... Perhaps.

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,487 posts
Blacksmith

Have you ever read Ender's game? Anyway in the book Ender's sister has the same situation, which after many turns of events results in her and Ender's older brother pretty much running world politics...

best book ever. I swear some teachers are annoying, but as long as they teach me something relevant, I'd live with it. if they start rambling on about something without covering the subject for the day, I'd want to yell "shut the fu*k up" but I can't or else I'd get suspended.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Most of my teachers have been wonderful. For elementary: kindergarten, third, and sixth. Middle School: Science, history. High school: Spanish, English, math. I think there are more, but I can't remember them all right now. Those teachers are the best because they are very humorous and teach well.

As for worst, I don't think that I've had a worst. If I do, then I can't remember the class they taught or even their name.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

i had a teacher that was mad at me because i choked (wrong word?) of water... i also had a teacher that was mad at me because i smiled during class . oh and i had a teacher that told me that i was always so serious and pay attention in class while she didnt know that my notebook is full of paintings XD

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

Best teacher: My senior/a-level year at high school i had a teacher who was majorly funny and got on with us really well.

Worst teacher: Also in high school, my year head/english teacher was a nightmare. All he did was fault you for everything & was suspended three times for hitting kids lol.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

wait... he hit kids and was suspended??? 3 times? why didnt they fire him?

kerimcan1999
kerimcan1999
21 posts
Nomad

I like all of my teachers but I hate all of my teachers for homework.
our last homework is 426 page.Homeworks are boring.

Showing 1-15 of 15