ForumsSupport ForumFlag This?

27 5353
Captian_EO
Captian_EO
172 posts
Nomad

That's bad right. Like you only put that on bad comments?

• 27 Replies
XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

Yup. Only flag spam, comments that have vulgar language or are inapropriate and look out for comments that are being copied. Lately, alot of comments have been copied to get merits, so flag those too.

LordBob
LordBob
517 posts
Nomad

yes you only flag comments that consider SPAM. Such as one that have one word or have a link to "you-know-what" site.

nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,197 posts
Herald

Actually even if you flag those that have been copyed and pasted from other people's comments doesn't mean they will be deleted because when an Admin goes through the list, I really doubt that they will delete it because it's a merit worthy comment. I think they should have a little text box that opens when you flag a comment where you have to explain why you have flagged it. That would be a great idea.

pc123
pc123
146 posts
Shepherd

try not to flag stuff that is NOT spamm unless its cursing or somthing. Its really helpful

Captian_EO
Captian_EO
172 posts
Nomad

ok, Thanks!

squidlidink
squidlidink
479 posts
Farmer

Also, flag comments on games that aren't very good at all like, THIS GAME S.U.C.K.S !!!!

Good luck.

strifexv
strifexv
54 posts
Farmer

Flag the comments that just say 's' or write a color down. I've been seeing a handful of those floating around the site.

kanethebrain
kanethebrain
242 posts
Nomad

I wonder if a mod could tell us how many flags they get per day and what percentage of those they delete. I flag a lot put it doesn't always seem like it helps.

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

Something similar could be done for users... If you see a user that spams a lot, you could flag them and write what they were doing that deserved the flag. It would be like a streamlined version of SHOPS...

Calm
Calm
909 posts
Herald

Flagged comments go into a big list (kind of...) directly on the admins desks. This is why I reccomend you don't flag abusively and reserve the flagging to extremely bad comments. thus the admins will be sure todelete than and sanction the users.

@ nick

I think they should have a little text box that opens when you flag a comment where you have to explain why you have flagged it. That would be a great idea.

I think it would be a really bad idea. there are many, many comments that get flagged, and I don't think the admins would enjoy having to read an explanation about why such and such a comment was flagged.. It might be a good idea if the explanation was oprional...
nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,197 posts
Herald

I think it would be a really bad idea. there are many, many comments that get flagged, and I don't think the admins would enjoy having to read an explanation about why such and such a comment was flagged.. It might be a good idea if the explanation was optional...

Yeah I see and understand now, that would be really stressful and such a long process for the Admins. It was just a thought, since sometimes comments get flagged that aren't supposed to be flagged.
Calm
Calm
909 posts
Herald

Yeah, you're right about that. But tha admins are very strict against users who flag comments randomely.

nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,197 posts
Herald

I have a question. Not sure if you know this or not, but I was wondering, when Admins are checking that list of all the flagged comments and post, does it show who flagged it? If it does then they would be able to see who is flagging in the wrong way.

Calm
Calm
909 posts
Herald

I'm not really sure, but I do think they see the "flagger". They can see everything...or almost

Calm
Calm
909 posts
Herald

lol

You're sooo lucky!!
I wish I were an admin

Showing 1-15 of 27