The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernHacking Spree

8 1441
daniel5533
daniel5533
160 posts
Nomad

could armorgames.com be next on the hit list?

• 8 Replies
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

could armorgames.com be next on the hit list?

AG already has a few hackers who only hack to get to the top of the high score list. The hackers who are attacking Sony, Nintendo, and many other companies probably won't attack AG because AG is a relatively small company that stores almost no personal data.
iMogwai
iMogwai
2,027 posts
Peasant

AG already has a few hackers who only hack to get to the top of the high score list.

That's not really the kind of hacking he was talking about.

Anyways, it'd be pointless for real hackers to hack AG, since they don't keep any personal information about the users, like credit card numbers and such. They wouldn't have anything to gain.
Blkasp
Blkasp
1,304 posts
Nomad

[quote]could armorgames.com be next on the hit list?
AG already has a few hackers who only hack to get to the top of the high score list. The hackers who are attacking Sony, Nintendo, and many other companies probably won't attack AG because AG is a relatively small company that stores almost no personal data.[/quote]

Really?
When did a hacker hack AG and get to the high scores?
And, did he have like no AP, or did he have more than #1?
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Blkasp, if you check through some flash games that have a high scores feature, you'll see some pretty impossible scores. And not all of them use accounts. Such as this hacker on Exit Path, he used some sort of hack to get a time of 00.00 on uniplayer a whole bunch of times. But he doens't have an account on Armor Games.

That said, I don't think Armor Games will be next, there's basically nothing to gain here from hacking. Except maybe some laughs, and that seems like what this group is doing it for.

Has Twitter been hacked yet? If not, then that could be next.

iTrojans
iTrojans
296 posts
Nomad

Twitter has been hacked, but it was close to 2 years ago I believe. But it would be a liable option for the hackers. Also Twitter has probably stepped up security because of them, and from the time they first got hacked. I believe they could but it would be very tough.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

The hackers who are attacking Sony, Nintendo, and many other companies probably won't attack AG because AG is a relatively small company that stores almost no personal data.

That's not necessarily true. They(Lulz Security) don't go after sites for personal gain, but for their own entertainment. They have recently taken down plenty of small obscure websites recently by request, so there is really nothing stopping them from taking down AG by request unless they really like the website in which case they might leave it alone(though I can't guarantee that as they have released info on Bethesda and then went on to claim they liked the company only stopping as far as not releasing any personal info on Brink players because of that).
AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

My bets that Apple is next to be hacked :/

Anyways why would someone want to hack AG? Unless, they a have a really large grudge or something...

TackyCrazyTNT
TackyCrazyTNT
1,936 posts
Peasant

AG is a relatively small company that stores almost no personal data.

I think this basically sums it up...larger companies tend to store billing information and personal information, which makes them bigger targets to potential hackers.
Showing 1-8 of 8