ForumsSupport ForumYou lost a merit?

30 6048
crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

I did have 30 merits.Now I have 29 (No I never copied a comment I did once about 2 months ago.) And I was just wondering why did I los a merit?

• 30 Replies
sonnymasta
sonnymasta
294 posts
Peasant

try asking the mods admins and dan or merit recognition

hope this helps...

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

Hmm maybe.Well I will ask a mod when they are on.

Calm
Calm
909 posts
Herald

Are you sure you lost one? if so, it must be for a good reason as no mod would delete a merit witout a good reason...
I didn't do it, at any rate.

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

My guess is that it was either accidentally deleted or accidentally merited and deleted afterward.

Calm
Calm
909 posts
Herald

Possible the second solution, but probably not the first..
Anyways, you won't get it back, so keep up writing good comments and you'll get more But we can't give you back a merit...

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

What!I am going to stop getting merits now.

Calm
Calm
909 posts
Herald

As you wish. It's a pity though...

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

Oh!Well you should still keep the merit.Now my merits will stay at 29.(unless I get the comments I made before get merited)

John
John
345 posts
Nomad

Most likely we removed a game that had your merit in it. I apologize for that .

Calm
Calm
909 posts
Herald

Well, crazy, it's not the end of the world, you know

Zanto_zsnes
Zanto_zsnes
1,148 posts
Nomad

i hate, when persons, copy your merits, and post them again, and THEY get a merit for it, some people copy merits, and add a little more, and for that they get a FULL merit! and thats not fare.

Calm
Calm
909 posts
Herald

Well Zanto, if you report them to us, we'll delete their comments. But you can't expect of us to remember exactly all the comments that we merit. we're only human, sadly

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

You're not human! You guys are gods! :P

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,060 posts
Blacksmith

My thought is that either you got a merit for a comment that didn't deserve one and it was de-merited, or the game was removed. Either way, its one merit, if you had 30 you can easily get one more.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

We try to keep an eye on copied comments, but every once and a while one slips by and gets a merit. But as soon as you let us know, we delete the comment and warn the user. So it is not like they REALLY get a merit, because in the end it just gets taken away and the user warned.

But if we did not take points away when we deleted comments, then when we delete SPAM comments, the user would still retain the points from it. Which defeats the purpose. Unfortunately, there is no way to take points from some, while keeping points from others. So if a game is deleted, then all comments are treated equally and the points deducted. Sorry, but there really isn't a way around it.

You shouldn't stop leaving good comments just because of one merit. Besides, it should be about more than just the points. I would like to think that users leave merits to actually be helpful and constructive, and not just for points. But hey, maybe I am just an idealist.

Showing 1-15 of 30