The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernLARPERS

9 2379
mordecai1031
mordecai1031
156 posts
Nomad

anyone else beside me Larp, i really havent seen it go around and biases based on it are offputting. no, you dont have to play WoW to larp and its actually alot of fun. i play Amtgard and the only reason i do it is for the fighting part.

• 9 Replies
iMogwai
iMogwai
2,027 posts
Peasant

My first thought was "What's larp? It sounds like a small, blue, jelly-like alien species from a cartoon or something", then I looked it up on Wikipedia. LARP is Live Action Role-playing.

IMO, today's technology lets us have fun without using our imagination and/or brains, so why make it more complicated?

Anyways, I can't even roleplay in games, because whenever I am serious for too long, I get an urge to start trolling, as you might've noticed. Acting's not really my thing.

hokzwijn
hokzwijn
511 posts
Peasant

My friend does it but he isn't active in the forums.

DBLACKSTAR
DBLACKSTAR
23,530 posts
Nomad

I have never larped but my friend has.

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

Wow, I read that Wikipedia article, and that's some pretty hardcore stuff.

Don't think that's something I would do. I don't even play very many role-playing video games anyways.

AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

Ummm...Sorry but I never have "larped"...Isn't it when people dress up and be like "My archer has a speed boost of 2. He also has an attack of 3, which is enough to attack your mage and kill it, since your mage has a defense of 2. Hah I win. Me and my archer are victorios..."

WorstSniper
WorstSniper
1,467 posts
Nomad

Larped when I was younger. Don't larp anymore.

Legion1350
Legion1350
5,365 posts
Nomad

No, I've never done it. I couldn't take it seriously. I've never even touched a WoW RP server.

Also, just for the laughs, there were two LARPers on Wipeout tonight. One called himself something along the lines of Shadow Wolf the Defender, and wore a dragon-scale t-shirt and wore a viking helm. The other was a guy who was a priestess. It was pretty funny. They were very exuberant concerning their roles.

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

No I don't. Just out of curiosity though, could paintball be a LARP? I mean, it wouldn't have a genre, but still.

Deceptive
Deceptive
7 posts
Nomad

No, I've never LARPed and I don't think that I ever will, I wouldn't be able to take it seriously, at all.
I'm not really that great at RP'ing, if I'm being honest.

could paintball be a LARP?

I wouldn't consider paintball LARPing, you don't really play any "role" or dress up and run about waving swords..
Showing 1-9 of 9