ForumsNews and Feedbackhow does a game go to "populars"

8 3244
StDrake
StDrake
194 posts
Lord

I wonder how the frontpage works - how does a game end up in the &quotopular games" section? I thought it's something about avg rating and plays, but then - Cursed Treasure level pack gets there with the same rating (unless we're talking fractions below 0.1 that can't be seen so easily) as Shellshock Online but only like half the plays?

errm I'm not mistaking the forum section for this kind of topic am I? This whole fuss about AGv3 makes me dizzy if everything is v3 or what is not or what is or is nothingbutitsallgonnabe or..oh dear @.@

• 8 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

I believe Dan puts the games in that section. I notice Sonny and Sonny 2 are very popular games due to how many plays and how highly rated they both are. However, they aren't on the front page. Which leads me to believe that an administrator puts certain games on there.

I want the list to be larger in AG3, though. I'd like to be able to see about ten-twenty of the most popular games on Armor Games.

valboss84
valboss84
1,529 posts
Farmer

For me, the game which are showed must be the games the most played or liked of the moment (or a combination of the 2). If no, well, it is an idea for AG3.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

On AG3, the category areas have 'most plays', 'highest rating' and 'new games' which sort things exactly by those options.

The "featured" games are games that Dan chooses to promote over other games.

supermape123
supermape123
431 posts
Nomad

Someone should make a list of most popular games by average ratings and plays,instead of Dan getting to choose which ones go up there

StDrake
StDrake
194 posts
Lord

Well according to cormyn that's what's comming up on AGv3..I think I'm starting to get the hang of it that this here is not yet it.
If I were to suggest for it I'd prefer a field for personal favourites as well instead of having to go to our profile

brp47
brp47
580 posts
Peasant

The "featured" games are games that Dan chooses to promote over other games.

shouldn't it be down to the players of the site which ones are the most popular?
i'm not complaining, and i understand why he wants to promote them, but then how come he is still promoting the favourites when everyone knows they are awsome anwyway
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Someone should make a list of most popular games by average ratings and plays,instead of Dan getting to choose which ones go up there

How does "someone should make a list" differ from "Dan getting to choose" ? If we picked someone else to make the list, users would complain that THAT user is biased.

It's Dan's company, let the guy do what he wants.
Showing 1-8 of 8