ForumsThe TavernFavorite Board game...?

41 5464
VinceNeille
VinceNeille
139 posts
Shepherd

I still remember the time I beat my dad in a game of checkers!!! He was in silence....
It was so hilarious!

• 41 Replies
Koru7
Koru7
1,405 posts
Nomad

chess, pictureka, monopoly, snakes and ladders, egyptian rats, speed, spoons. The last three aren't board games but I still like to play them. They're card games.

Windycity
Windycity
25 posts
Nomad

Risk, Axis & Allies, Chess, Stratego, etc.

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

I have a few:
-Monopoly (if I have time to burn)
-Trouble
-and then I kind of like checkers, chess, etc.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Mancala. its also the worlds oldest game. supposedly.

PinkieCake
PinkieCake
163 posts
Nomad

All I know is that it's definitely NOT Monopoly. I kinda hate that game.

Keyara
Keyara
370 posts
Nomad

Monopoly. Everyone says it gets boring after a while, but i could play it for days :|

Hallelujah, I have found another person. Nobody ever seems to want to play Monopoly. I can't figure out why.
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

I don't like AIs. They lack lack the ability of thought, and are too easy or too hard, never the happy medium.

PinkieCake
PinkieCake
163 posts
Nomad

I can't figure out why.

Well, my mum always said it was an evil game of capitalism. =D
Keyara
Keyara
370 posts
Nomad

Well, my mum always said it was an evil game of capitalism. =D

That made me laugh when I read it.
I remember playing board games with my family when I was very young. I usually played chess and monopoly, it was fun while it lasted. Now it's a technological age, and you know you're in technological age when board games such as monopoly and chess are now usually played on your cellphone and you play with AIs, not other people.

I do not like AIs. There is no use playing if you win because the opponent lacks the ability to think. If I am going to play a board game it isn't going to be electronic. It's not a board game if it is electronic.
every one likes chess

That's true.
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

talisman (its a rpg bord game), chess and backgammon.

deathopper
deathopper
1,564 posts
Nomad

I like Monopoly, Chess and Sakes&Ladders. I sadly don't play board games anymore because I don't own anymore (I moved A LOT) and because my family doesn't have he patience nor the time to sit and play one for 2+ hours.

every one likes chess

That's because it makes them look smart and sophisticated my dear chap. *Takes a sip of tea and adjust monocle*
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Definitely chess. I started playing it several years ago and I've been hooked since. I like it because it's a strategy game and it requires a lot of thinking. Monopoly comes in second.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

Hallelujah, I have found another person. Nobody ever seems to want to play Monopoly. I can't figure out why.

Let's play online monolpoly. (Totally not as good)
DeadFamous
DeadFamous
152 posts
Nomad

Monopoly is really fun, but I like Scrabble a lot too. I have a decent vocabulary, so I'm pretty good at that game.

vontje
vontje
866 posts
Nomad

I've got multiple favorites:

Monopoly (takes long but is really fun and amazing how things can turn around when it looks so desperate at first:P)
Draughts ( i don't know if this is the right word, but i used to do it a lot with my grandpa, really fun =) )
Hotel (it's a game were you have to buy hotels and it's also a long game, but really fun and you must have some kind of strategy)
Triviant (also a long game, i guess i like to play long games:P, where you have to answer questions to win)

Showing 16-30 of 41