ForumsThe TavernThe 'unknown'

28 3338
Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

If you were thinking about cryptids (yeti, chupacabra, etc.) and paranormal when I said 'unknown', I guess that could be included. Mainly, though, this thread is about questions you just randomly thought of and were kind of out there.
I'll start. Basically my question (to start off) is, if you were to magically go down to the middle of the earth, would you feel a change in your bearings? In other words, if you were digging down (right side up), when you got to the core, would you feel like you were right side up or upside down?

• 28 Replies
hokzwijn
hokzwijn
511 posts
Peasant

Is there anything you would sell your soul for? (Provided you believe in the existence of a soul of course.)

A new soul.LOL

Question:If you could teleport where is the first place you'd go?
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

Question:If you could teleport where is the first place you'd go?

to an island in the south. then i would do a world wide sight seeing tour.

if you could film nessie, would you put it on youtube?

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

Question: Vegetarians eat fruit and veggies because they think tat eating animals are cruel 'cauz they're alive. Well last time I checked plants are living beings to. So aren't vegetarians sort of contradicting themselves?

Plants are living, but aren't living beings. I'm not vegetarian, but I would like whatever I eat to be at least killed with dignity and not tortured or anything.
if you could film nessie, would you put it on youtube?

Well, obviously, there are two answers to that.
1. Yes, put it on youtube and get millions of views and eventually rich and famous...maybe...
or
2. Don't put it on youtube, but keep a secret that has baffled mankind and the mysterious enigma alive for generations to come.

Question: When you get bitten by a mosquito, why does your skin 'bubble up' for lack of a better term?
Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

Well, obviously, there are two answers to that.

Meaning it's a yes or no question, wasn't trying to sound snobby there.
Also, I have another question.

What are the chances of a zombie virus?
Not really a serious question, just kind of interesting to know.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

What are the chances of a zombie virus?

There are parasites and mold that already exist that essentially turn certain species into zombies.

According to one theory our universe may be sitting on a membrane. These membranes supposedly ripple and because of this could even bump into each other. This is one hypothesis as to how the singularity formed that eventually resulted in the Big Bang. Now since our universe, which is flat within a 2% certainty is sitting on a membrane which is rippling. Doesn't that suggest that spacetime may also ripple along with the membrane?
dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

http://www.nasa.gov/centers/goddard/universe/blackhole_surfing.html

Umm, I think so. In the article it describes the rippling of spacetime around a black hole. So maybe to affect spacetime there would need to be a dense point of matter/energy and I think the ripple would have enough energy. I could be very wrong though...

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

Doesn't that suggest that spacetime may also ripple along with the membrane?

Another thing I'm not is an astrophysicist or theologian (whatever), but I think that time is not a linnear thing, but more of a cloud-ish type thing and people navigate through time by a physical 'instinct' or complex illusions the mind subconsciously creates.
To answer your question; I don't think so. Again, I don't know a whole lot about the shape of the universe and the laws of spacetime, but I would think that spacetime wouldn't be matter as much as it is an idea... Again, it's confusing.
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

if there is a possible way to freeze your body and to survive it, would you do it? i mean as like fry in futurama.

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,890 posts
Nomad

if there is a possible way to freeze your body and to survive it, would you do it? i mean as like fry in futurama.

No, it is not possible yet. That is just in science fiction.

It may be possible in the future however. Here is an article about iton Wikipedia.
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

youre right, i meant it in the future. if it possible sometimes in the future and youre still alive, would you freeze your body like fry in futurama?

i hope i tipped now down what i meant.

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

I'm sure if there was some way for your body to get all of the necessary nutrients and such, then probably. Really if you're frozen, it's basically like you're in a coma except you freeze to death. Basically if people could figure out how to sustain you in a state of low energy usage, you could probably 'sleep' for years.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

I'm sure if there was some way for your body to get all of the necessary nutrients and such, then probably. Really if you're frozen, it's basically like you're in a coma except you freeze to death. Basically if people could figure out how to sustain you in a state of low energy usage, you could probably 'sleep' for years.

Perhaps not frozen like in ice, just sustained, like Mr House in Fallout New Vegas.
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

Perhaps not frozen like in ice, just sustained, like Mr House in Fallout New Vegas.

yeah but the question is: would you do it?

Showing 16-28 of 28