MattEmAngel

6,994 posts

Weird. Let me try that tag again.

@Ferret

Posted Feb 12, '14 at 1:53am

Kirby998

Kirby998

5,570 posts

Yes, them. But looking at their pages, people aren't really reporting things to them, so them being there doesn't have any negative effect. I was mostly wondering how long a moderator could remain inactive without consequences if they so chose to.

Let me see if I can remember a few from the old days.

Moegreche I believe got married and was not removed as a moderator until probably a year or so.

Estel went to university and kind of distanced himself from AG as far as I remember (for some reason he had his public facebook profile on his about and accepted all friend requests. I added him and he accepted and I saw he had close to maybe 2k friends at the time? Kind of weird if you ask me)

Dank was the code mod for awhile and eventually stopped visiting. I don't remember when he was demodded.

Devoidless took an extremely long hiatus and in fact was hardly around when I was here but I see that he is back now, I don't remember if he was demodded.

NoName obviously is one of my good friends that I still talked to/hung out with after I left the site and I think he was recently demodded or resigned or something.

Calm was one of the first people in the first AG beta who was one of the first mods, left and came back and still seems to be doing things.

I believe Asherlee took an extended leave of absence, came back, and has since retired

I'm missing a few obviously but the point I'm trying to make is that you seem to get a lot of 'vacation time' as a mod as long as you have a good reason for it.

Posted Feb 12, '14 at 2:03am

Graham

Graham

8,364 posts

I'm missing a few obviously

Don't forget the ubermensch Ubertuna.

idunno if Strip/Zophia/Cenere are still around.

Posted Feb 12, '14 at 1:15pm

Kirby998

Kirby998

5,570 posts

Strop is still here but I think the danes are gone for now. I really never did get to know them and I still think Cen is a chick.

But that's just me.

Posted Feb 12, '14 at 1:34pm

gh0sts

gh0sts

888 posts

Moegreche I believe got married and was not removed as a moderator until probably a year or so.

Looking through his comments, people as far back as March 2010 were wondering why he was no longer a mod. Then, in June 2013, Ferret left him a message stating that his powers had been restored. I didn't even know he had been removed at one point.

Posted Feb 12, '14 at 2:20pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,824 posts

Strop is still here but I think the danes are gone for now. I really never did get to know them and I still think Cen is a chick.

He is technically still here, although we haven't seen him in months.

Posted Feb 12, '14 at 3:18pm

Devoidless

Devoidless

3,838 posts

Don't ask me, because apparently I don't know what it takes despite being a mod since '08.

Posted Feb 12, '14 at 3:57pm

MacII

MacII

1,369 posts

Looking through his comments, people as far back as March 2010 were wondering why he was no longer a mod. Then, in June 2013, Ferret left him a message stating that his powers had been restored. I didn't even know he had been removed at one point.

Moegreche I'm quite sure still does their mod thing from time to time, nah? Usually helpful and courteously cheerful when they do, I think.

Posted Feb 12, '14 at 8:17pm

Kirby998

Kirby998

5,570 posts

Moegreche I'm quite sure still does their mod thing from time to time, nah? Usually helpful and courteously cheerful when they do, I think.

I went to his profile after my initial post and saw he was active again. I'm surprised to be honest. Lots of old folks seem to still be here doing their thing.

Posted Feb 13, '14 at 12:15am

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

6,994 posts

I miss seeing Strop in the forums. You literally had no idea what Strop was going to say, ever, and it was occasionally disturbing. It kept things interesting, though.

Reply to What it Takes to Become a Moderator (page 1):

You must be logged in to post a reply!