ForumsThe TavernHas your house caught on or almost caught on fire?

28 3948
daniel5533
daniel5533
160 posts
Nomad

Me? Yes, today i found out that my sister can't cook

• 28 Replies
dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

My friend got his collar set on fire and has a scar around his neck.

Koru7
Koru7
1,405 posts
Nomad

Yes, my grandma left a circular table top thing leaning against the fire glass protecter thing. Then me and my sister smelt something burning, so we cam downstairs to find the fireplace on and the table leaning against it, - it wasn't of fire, just it looked brown, like how a marshmellow looks when done, - so she carried out side, and I sprayed the table down with a hose.

My grandma felt really bad she almost burnt the house. but it was rather exciting.

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

No, but my uncle burnt a field behind his house when he was little.

MassiveTomboy
MassiveTomboy
105 posts
Nomad

I personally haven't..but my friend Zach has...lit his torso on fire lots of times..and lit his balls on fire too...it's on his youtube channel...
11Sweeneytodd <<zach's youtube channell

hokzwijn
hokzwijn
511 posts
Peasant

Nope not since my family lives here and my parents have lived here for about 30 years and they never had. Maybe a previous owner since this house is about 80 years old.

thefoothills
thefoothills
16 posts
Nomad

I almost burned my ex girlfriends house down while trying to bbq on her back deck. All wood with dry plants running up the sides of the house. It was Winter so we put her small grill with coals right next to the back door. As I attempted to start the fire by squirting charcole fluid from a few feet away. The flames shot up the stream into the can which I then threw. (leaving a trail of fire until it landed.) Somehow the fire went up the ivy stuff and the side of her house. I put it out with my t-shirt and wet towels before the fire department got there. But they cut a huge hole in her back deck to make sure they got the embers. Ahh good times.

bravehawk204
bravehawk204
349 posts
Nomad

Yep by my neighbors launching fireworks at it then since my uncle was at our house and hes really big he wen't over there and beat up the man.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

Almost. My sister was boiling some type of sugar sauce in a large saucepan on the stove. It boiled over and started on fire (the whole thing, not just what hit the stove). We put it out quickly tho. It was a big mess to clean up.

GameJuMe
GameJuMe
105 posts
Nomad

Our house Didn't caught on fire but My grandma saw how Lightning striked trough our house.. trough the window and and leave trough the chimney... that was terrible.

deadhead50
deadhead50
341 posts
Nomad

yes my house almost caught fire, it was the basement, dont ask how its a very long story and none of your concern, but i got a really bad burn on my arm from that.

PlasmaMan
PlasmaMan
464 posts
Nomad

My mom set my pants on fire. Now that I have your attention I can tell you how that happened. It was extremely cold outside considering it was Florida. I oly had 1 clean pair of pants and they just came out of the washer. It was 15 minutes until I was late for school so she thought of the hottest heat source which was the oven. 10 minutes later my blue pants were black pants. It made for one heck of a story at the school.

macintot
macintot
69 posts
Nomad

Not (any of) my house(s), but my pre-k teacher's was almost set on fire. Back when I lived in that area, her sons used to babysit us during teacher conferences, etc. Once her youngest son put some popcorn in the microwave to pop. It must not have had a popcorn button, because he had to put in the time using the number-thingy. He meant to put in 3 minutes, but he put in 30 minutes. Luckily they didn't burn the house down, but I think he had to get a new microwave.

jets99
jets99
599 posts
Nomad

it would have because one time when I was little one of my socks got in our lamp in the living room then we kept the lamps on at night for some reason and then my dad smelt something burning and went downstairs and found my sock was still in the lamp and if he wouldnt have found that the sock would have caught on fire and burned the house down... weird things happened when I was little...

Showing 16-28 of 28