ForumsThe TavernIf you had to choose...

20 4502
Keyara
Keyara
370 posts
Nomad

Say your entire house is going to be emptied out and filled with generic products. You get to choose one and only one brand name item to keep using. What would you choose? It can be anything.
For me it would be Heinz Ketchup. I can't live without it.

• 20 Replies
GentlemanClam
GentlemanClam
523 posts
Nomad

Ew, Ketchup. I would get Easy Mac since I eat it everyday at lunch.

bravehawk204
bravehawk204
349 posts
Nomad

Mine would definatly be bubble gum.

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

I would keep using my Xbox. Or maybe my iPod.

Oh, noes! I have too many good ones to choose. D:

... I guess I'd go with my Xbox, and get a generic MP3 player. How sad.

Koru7
Koru7
1,405 posts
Nomad

Nintendo products. I could change everything else.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

I totally agree with the OP - Heinz ketchup = best thing in this world.

emolovesblack
emolovesblack
40 posts
Nomad

I would definately go with my xbox. my ipods been broken since forever and we dont use the ps3

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

I don't know if everything can be generic, but if I had to pick, I'd probably say...something food...pretty much all that's generic is toiletries and groceries :P

Keyara
Keyara
370 posts
Nomad

I don't know if everything can be generic

It is simply hypothetical and almost all objects have a brand that is considered generic and not name brand.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

What is considered a brand? Are the "brands" we're talking of household names? I'm pretty sure everything we consume originates from some sort of manufacturer or whatever.

I'd probably choose some sort of electronics manufacturer.. or video games. Sony makes television sets, thankfully.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

What is considered a brand?

Brand name products are the big companies. Like cocoa pebbles is a brand name cereal, and cocoa rice, or anything else that resembles cocoa pebbles but isn't from that company is a generic product.

Hmm, I'd probably keep Honey Bunches of Oats. Since it's my favorite cereal.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Hmm.. We must be talking of household names then.

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,487 posts
Blacksmith

If I had that choice, I'd take the original x-box. I can live with generic food (as long as the composition is the same as the brand name). I guess as long as the food tastes the same, then it wouldn't matter, but to you it would because it has different labeling which means you think it's automatically not as good because sight influences taste just as much as smell does. so if you put on a blindfold, you should be fine.

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

It is simply hypothetical and almost all objects have a brand that is considered generic and not name brand

Well, there could be knock off brands, but an example of things that you really don't see generic brands of are TVs or electronics in general. Cars too.
bravehawk204
bravehawk204
349 posts
Nomad

I change mine to mac and cheese.

PlasmaMan
PlasmaMan
464 posts
Nomad

My toilet paper! I can't live without my fancy toilet paper.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51lv7gUnp7L._SL500_AA300_PIbundle-4,TopRight,0,0_AA300_SH20_.jpg

Showing 1-15 of 20