ForumsThe TavernThe Red Pill or the Blue Pill?

75 10587
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

This is a very common debate and chances are there has been a thread on this before now. So the question is, which pill would you take? According to wikipedia, the red pill represents the choice of embracing the sometimes painful truth of reality, and the blue pill represents the choice of blissful ignorance of illusion.

Some background, In the movie, the world has been taken over by computers and the computers have put every human in to the Matrix, a virtual prison that people don't realize they are in and that doesn't seem to differ to the world we live in. In the Matrix, Neo (the main character) is told that he is actually imprisoned and has to chose between taking the blue pill and staying in the Matrix, forget he was ever told that he is actually imprisoned in it and to go on with his daily life like nothing has ever happened, or to choose the red pill and he will wake up in the real world having to face the harsh truth of reality.

If i had to chose, i would be the idiot who downed both pills.

Just kidding, I would take the red pill, It's a disturbing feeling knowing that you are choosing to completely ignore what is actually going on because you are to afraid to face it.

• 75 Replies
Keyara
Keyara
370 posts
Nomad

But wouldn't you want to extend your life and not jump off the cliff? Why sacrifice something on a gamble when you can go with a safe, guaranteed alternative?

That's the problem. It's guaranteed, you know what is going to happen. People like to play it safe but I find that very boring if you keep it a constant. You don't know what will happen if you don't try.
loloynage2
loloynage2
4,206 posts
Peasant

oh yea, and to answer the question. I would take the red pill, break it and sniff what's inside of it.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

iu was going to say the blue one. but idk, its really complicated. i believe that the meaning of life is to be happy without hurting people and thats it. still, idk if living in a lie is really that good. i dont think i want to have fake happiness like that so i think i will take the red pill

Quirinus1
Quirinus1
157 posts
Shepherd

i believe that the meaning of life is to be happy without hurting people and thats it

And I think the meaning of life is simple and a philosophic/emotional thought is absent: life is energy moving other energy.
Zydrate
Zydrate
383 posts
Farmer

Well, you wouldn't know unless you jumped, would you?

I sense a Schrodinger's Cat mention.
Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,487 posts
Blacksmith

I sense a Schrodinger's Cat mention.

wow, didn't think anybody else knew about that.

Let's see blue=bliss, life at ease, and never having to confront the truth about what is behind the curtain.

or red=enlightenment,finally getting the chance to rip that curtain away for all to see.

in this case you can be either selfish, or selfless (when I say that I mean stay ignorant out of choice, or learning the truth and gaining the ability to help others see as well) so I'd think I'd do the selfless act with the red pill.
Cranium80
Cranium80
489 posts
Shepherd

I would definitely take the red pill. The truth may be painful and disturbing, but it is far better than living in a lie

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

And I think the meaning of life is simple and a philosophic/emotional thought is absent: life is energy moving other energy.

ok... and those are our 2 opinions that also have nothing to do with this thread... why didnt you answer the threads question? (unless you did in a different page)
Squiddicus
Squiddicus
266 posts
Peasant

What a coincidince. I posted here yesterday morning, and later that day, this was referenced in 'American Dad.'

xfirealchemistx
xfirealchemistx
370 posts
Nomad

I'd rather have taken the blue. Life is hard in the blue but not as hard as knowing your whole existence is a LIE and you've been essentially a battery your whole life.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

I'd rather have taken the blue. Life is hard in the blue but not as hard as knowing your whole existence is a LIE and you've been essentially a battery your whole life.

Your whole existance was a lie, and now you are able to do something about it.
nemo12
nemo12
723 posts
Nomad

I would pick both and see if i can know the reality but live in a lie.

But honestly, i would pick the red. Just to not feel any guilt and to feel like a hero.

Koru7
Koru7
1,405 posts
Nomad

I would take the red pill. although illusions are cool, it's better to know the truth.

James212
James212
88 posts
Blacksmith

Yea i would take the red pill for sure.

LatinxAssassin
LatinxAssassin
614 posts
Nomad

I will go with the red pill.

Showing 31-45 of 75