ForumsThe TavernWhats your take on this.

13 2753
bravehawk204
bravehawk204
349 posts
Nomad

What is your take on environmental issues and should we be debating this on the internet. As some of you know I got into a debate like this.

• 13 Replies
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

I would suggest this be moved into the WEPR section but, as a mod will probably move it anyway, I'll throw in my two cents.

Honestly I don't know as much about current environmental issues as I would like too. I believe that there's a fine line to be walked between being environmentally friendly and economically viable. A gradual process to decrease our use of fossils, stop forest clear cutting, and create environmentally friendly consumer products; should be a major priority in the next 50 years or so. Gradual being the key word.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

A gradual process to decrease our use of fossils, stop forest clear cutting, and create environmentally friendly consumer products; should be a major priority in the next 50 years or so. Gradual being the key word.

Unless we make some major break through.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Unless we make some major break through.

Of course and we probably will but just looking at our current technology I think 50 years is a reasonable amount if this country's leadership actively tackles environmental issues.
ligaboy
ligaboy
1,051 posts
Peasant

I think we should treat the environment a bit better. We know of many different sources of renewable clean energy, but it is not widely used. If somebody was willing to spend some money on these energy sources instead of burning more fossil fuels, the environment would be a bit better off.

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

There's almost no possible way of completely getting rid of fossil fuels anytime soon, and the hybrids/ electric cars have a long way to go, but I think people can at least clean up after themselves and not litter.

WaelBrome
WaelBrome
50 posts
Treasurer

Everyone should do some planting in their backyard, or if they live in an apartment, to get some house plants. This would be a great way to help the environment. Nonetheless, people should try to reduce electric spending by replacing normal light bulbs with efficient ones.

bravehawk204
bravehawk204
349 posts
Nomad

In 50 years we'll look back and say "Why were we arguing about this"

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

Meh. While dumping Nuclear Waste into a river is ussually a bad idea, trying to get everyone to live in a carboard box because suburbia somehow affects the enviroment in some strange way is dumb.

I don't really buy all that Global Warming crap; many of the scientist who freak that the Earth may be getting warmer are the same ones who freaked that the Earth was going to turn into an Icecube in the '80s.

So we should take care of the enviroment, but screwing ourselves in the process is a no-no.

AwesomeB
AwesomeB
26 posts
Nomad

The people at my school claim global warming is fake solely because Obama owns a jet...

SwordAndShield
SwordAndShield
567 posts
Nomad

Well I would like if you could be more specific. Environmental issues is just too broad to discuss.

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

we should stop using anything that uses oil, coal or gas. we should stop chopping down trees and start to use alternate energy. the nuclear power stations should be shut down. oh, is there a possible way to freeze atomic waste and to shot it into space? where must find a way to put it somewhere or we wait untill its not more atomic, but then are there no humans on earth.

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,890 posts
Nomad

oh, is there a possible way to freeze atomic waste and to shot it into space?

That might actually be dangerous, since then their would be even MORE space junk in space, and something like this might happen.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

No launch it much farther like to the sun or something so it's gone. Not just floating right above us.

Showing 1-13 of 13