ForumsSupport ForumHow do I invite someone on Shell Shock friends list to play with me?

17 45011
BuzzMonkey
BuzzMonkey
2 posts
Nomad

I can't figure out what value the friends list has. I have added a number of people that I have played random games with but I can't figure out how to invite them to play with me again.

I can see that they are online and either in another game or the lobby, but there's no way for me to communicate with them directly to say I am online and invite them to my game.

Any help would be appreciated.

• 17 Replies
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Hmm, the only way really is to communicate via IM i think.
(Hopefully someone will offer a better way than this)
But from what i've read you can send them a code (Which you can't do when in the room without leaving obviously) so if you do this via a live IM, it'd work.

If AGv3 has a live chat option t'll work great then too.

I'd also like to know a better way, so if anyone knows any let me know ^.^ Thanks.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

i have been wondering this too. Leaving the room is the only way unless you are in contact with the person. I wish I could be more help. Jefferysinspiration probably has the best option.

So all in all the friends list is mostly pointless.

Also is there any way to search the rooms by name?

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

I don't think it is possible sadly daleks, i even tried googling it, but yet again, hopefully someone will have more knowledge.

BuzzMonkey
BuzzMonkey
2 posts
Nomad

Thanks for the replies. Glad I'm not the only one hoping for an improved friends system.

daleks - you can search the rooms by name by clicking on "filter" at the top of the Rooms list. There are a few options for filtering there, including a text box to search by name.

zizo90
zizo90
246 posts
Jester

so easy if you want to be team in the game or play vs u?
If team : There is a Question mark click on it and put it in number 1 or 2 mean team 1 or 2
if vs u : there is no invite someone to play vs u .... u have to wait until player come to your game to play vs u

so this how u play vs someone or team

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Thanks for the help BuzzMonkey!

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

@zizo, we're talking about specific friends rather than picking the team you want to be on. Is it possible?

Armen100
Armen100
12 posts
Nomad

[i]Well you can go on kongregate.com and tell ur friend to make a profile on it and then chat and play on there.

zizo90
zizo90
246 posts
Jester

oh okay i wasnot know Jefferysinspiration
iam sorry

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

@Armen, you cna chat to your friends here and play shell shock live here. We're talking about specific invites into specific rooms.

bicola1
bicola1
1,715 posts
Nomad

well if u can play here and chat, have 2 tabs open, one being a chat, and one being a game. tell ur friend the room code, and tell them to open the game in another tab and enter the room w/ u. i think that works, right? i dunno how to chat w/ friends though, so if any1 can tell me how would be great!

davisb
davisb
1 posts
Nomad

[b][i]i just dont get it it dosent make sense it say invite friend but u cant send it...someone plz explain y

bandb1115
bandb1115
1 posts
Nomad

I agree with BuzzMonkey, he's right. I tried it with my friend, and it worked

Schmiddy1234
Schmiddy1234
1,075 posts
Nomad

I think ur supposed to go to add friend then type there VALID name and the Voila!

Snowflake4579
Snowflake4579
78 posts
Nomad

Sorry no clue man.

Showing 1-15 of 17