ForumsNews and FeedbackChanging Flags to Words

17 4963
supermape123
supermape123
431 posts
Nomad

Instead of putting a flag right beside someone's profile page could you just say the name of the country.Mainly because there kind of
hard to see on some computers(like mine)and also because I'm not quite sure which flag goes to which country.

• 17 Replies
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

On AG2, rolling over a flag reveals what it's for. I think if AG3 shows flags, it should still have a hover pop-up saying what the flag represents.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

[quote]On AG2, rolling over a flag reveals what it's for. I think if AG3 shows flags, it should still have a hover pop-up saying what the flag represents.

I don't think that's the flag he meant. He meant the country flags on profiles.[/quote]

That's what I was talking about. What makes you think I was talking about the flag for spam?

I think the flags are cool, but the country names would be nice. Maybe there could be both?

On AG2, rolling over a country flag reveals the country name. I think a hover pop-up is the best way to reveal the country name when rolling over a country flag.
supermape123
supermape123
431 posts
Nomad

Great so everyone's on my side.Lets take it to the administrators!

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

I think the flags are cool, but the country names would be nice. Maybe there could be both?

This i agree with, i live in Northern Ireland so my flag politically is the union jack (Great Britain's flag), however i am Irish, so i keep it as the Irish flag - It'd be good if there were both to be more specific.
supermape123
supermape123
431 posts
Nomad

Oh so that's where you live

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

There aren't even flags in AG3 as far as I'm aware, when you go to details it says "(user) is a (age) year old (gender) in the (country)".

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Yeah, we haven't added the flag icons yet, as far as I know. If we do, we'll add the country name as a tooltip if you hover over it. Unfortunately it won't be a custom option to choose your flag. We do a GeoIP lookup based on your last known IP address, and choose an appropriate flag.

Rosemary16
Rosemary16
151 posts
Peasant

I hope they add the flag icons, so at least you can hover over the flag for a country name.

darkrai097
darkrai097
862 posts
Nomad

We do a GeoIP lookup based on your last known IP address

So we'll be stuck with where we live instead of our actual citizenship? If I suddenly moved to the US, I'd still want my flag to be Canadian.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Aw, I can't have my Cuban flag anymore.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Unfortunately it won't be a custom option to choose your flag. We do a GeoIP lookup based on your last known IP address, and choose an appropriate flag.

I live in Northern Ireland, will i have an Irish or UK flag?
I'll vomit if i have a union jack.
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

Aw, I can't have my Cuban flag anymore.

*GASP!* You don't live in Cuba? You dirty liar, you! (lol)

I'll vomit if i have a union jack.

Haha! I don't think that the wonderfully gifted AG team will overlook that!
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Haha! I don't think that the wonderfully gifted AG team will overlook that!

Aha, i was kidding anyways, but the irish having a british flag = uproar :P
xJAKExTHExJERKx
xJAKExTHExJERKx
1 posts
Nomad

It would be cool if Scotland was counted as a country, seeing as it's right next to Ireland, and Ireland counts as one.

Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

I like the little flag icon better. I just think it's neater than having the name written out.

Showing 1-15 of 17