ForumsNews and Feedback[already built] (Game) Search System

6 2947
MindSucker
MindSucker
63 posts
Nomad

There will be a better searching sistem? I hate that one with the "Tags", if i just want to find a game maybe that i want to re-play and just type the name?

The tags sistem can be useful while searching a category of games like RPG's but for the specific i prefer writing just the name.

• 6 Replies
Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

Yes, the search system is much improved. If you search for say, "gun" everything with gun in the title will show up.

It also has a drop down menu for some of the more popular titles. It is a bit like Google.

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

Well cormyn already programed (and did a wounderfull job at it!) That is a lot better than this one! Are you a beta tester? Cuz that was a big release and a lot of testing was needed. Well any who do you mean more to the beta one? Like what exactly?

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Yup, I had fun building it.

Hoping to have a search engine for gameshare data too at some point, so you'll be able to search for gameshare data created by your friends, etc. That one's going to be pretty tricky though.

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

Hmm game share data... are you programing with flash,java or plain old html?
if java you should be able to make a nice abstrct interface that use the abstract vars to act as some ones friend and the game your searching for, and the get the string data from API... like parameters in functions you define... so it would be like a superchaged function... but idk, I have only read some of java in a nut shell (great book) and am focuseing on flash... then I'll go back to java.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

game share data

ie: the castles that users make for Crush the Castle.

are you programing with flash,java or plain old html?

Yeah. Plain HTML. In notepad. ;o) Kidding...

We're currently writing most of the site in PHP on the Zend Framework.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Well, the search features are written in Perl on Postgres

Showing 1-6 of 6