ForumsThe TavernAnyone else Living with Gastroparesis?

6 1966
thefoothills
thefoothills
16 posts
Nomad

I am looking for fellow members dealing with this condition. Eating is very difficult with this and there are currently not many medications to help fight it. There is no cure yet, just eating small, low-fat foods frequently. If anyone has any tips on food or lifestyle changes that have helped them, I'd like to hear it. Also, if anyone has had a gastric pacemaker put in, I would like to hear your take on that as well. My Doctors here are pretty uninformed about Gastroparesis and want me to go to a motility hospital out of state. I would like to avoid this if possible. So if any of you have Gastroparesis or have knowledge regarding it, I would love to hear it. Feel free to message me if you feel your post will be too embarrassing to post.

• 6 Replies
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

For those who don't know what this is here's information on it.
http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/gastroparesis/

thefoothills
thefoothills
16 posts
Nomad

Thanks Mage for throwing that link up there. I do want to inform as many people as I can about Gastroparesis. It really isn't plesent to have. I would like to exchange ideas with someone who has this disease and tried things other than diet changing, exercising and medications.

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

That must stink :P
If you don't mind me asking, what are some things that you have to go out of your way to do for gastroparesis?

SwordAndShield
SwordAndShield
567 posts
Nomad

What a somber topic. Please, don't make any more threads like this.

Its really making a downer...

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

That's . . . horrible. I love eating, it sure puts things in perspective. Hopefully they come out with good medications or even a cure sometime soon, and it might be likely what with medical advances and all.

I don't know anything about it, but I hope you get better!

thefoothills
thefoothills
16 posts
Nomad

Sorry to be such a downer, I did not post here to complain. I was mearly looking for fellow people who have this to help each other. Maybe this wasn't meant for a forum. If anything a few people get the knowledge that this disease even exists. Joe96, I have already tried dietary changes such as eating smaller portions more often. (6 meals rather than 3),exercise after meals and all current medications available.

Showing 1-6 of 6