ForumsSupport ForumMake Ratings Fair

16 3703
Breakinggood
Breakinggood
22 posts
Nomad

I feel that there are games on Armorgames that are being slighted on the ratings. I feel that each game should have a timer on it, so that you have to play the game a good six to eight minutes before being able to rate or comment on it. Some of these games I have played have terrible comments and ratings, and I feel that's because nobody actually gave the poor game a chance. These people who put their hard work and time into making a flash game should be treated better, instead of having their game tossed aside because some people don't want to play it for very long. Please send me a comment saying if this is a good or bad idea. Or, post it in the Forum. Thanks.

• 16 Replies
Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

This would be quite helpful. I have seen many users just try and 'rate' all of the games and not actually 'lay' them. I think that if Armor Games issued a timer on:

1) How long you must play before rating a game
2) A 5 minute time between rating a game

These are just my ideas on it.

sonnymasta
sonnymasta
294 posts
Peasant

yeah nice idea but I am ok the way it is

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

I already suggested this quite a while ago. I emailed Dan, but nothing has been done yet.

redbedhead
redbedhead
341 posts
Nomad

good idea but I don't know how hard it would be to do that

Breakinggood
Breakinggood
22 posts
Nomad

If you want to back this idea up, simply reply on my page, yes. That's it. And it won't be spamming. I need help with it, too.

John
John
345 posts
Nomad

But what if you played the game on another site and then came to play and vote on it on AG?

Or what if the game only merits a few minutes to play?

Or what if the game is not your style and you are ready to close it after a while?

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

Yea John has a good point I have played these games on other sites before they game to AG and I would play a game for 10 minutes before I rate it anyway incase I forgot anything about and I definly play it so I can try get a merit on it.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

I think the solution to this problem may be to keep an eye out for those users that you know are just rating games, and not playing them. And then report those users back to us. We already have a time limit on the comments, it might get a little excessive to have it on ratings too.

kozaman11
kozaman11
24 posts
Nomad

i think breakinggood has a good point but then there are games i played some were else like every one else is saying

nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,197 posts
Herald

Well Carlie it's not really possible to know he users have played the games or not. It's not like we are there watching them. They could just spend their entire time playing and rating games, but then again they could just be rating games. It's sort of hard to tell, but I still understand what you mean.

ryan7g
ryan7g
478 posts
Shepherd

I like this idea, Breakinggood. It would help my merit-worthy comments be more noticeable! Alot of people randomly say things such as "cool", "good game", "horrible" etc. based on the games rating without even playing it. It spams up the entire comment page on a game and far too many people do it.

kanethebrain
kanethebrain
242 posts
Nomad

I don't see any way to enforce this without being onerous to those of us that aren't abusing the ratings function.

Also, if the game can't pull you in within the first few seconds anyways, maybe the game deserves a poor rating, even if the later stages are a lot of fun.

Breakinggood
Breakinggood
22 posts
Nomad

Thanks for the feedback. But John is right (my real name, too.). I played games on Zipperfish before discovering ArmorGames. But, still, maybe there can be something we can do. Something.

silentclore
silentclore
297 posts
Nomad

I disagree because you make think the ratings and comments on the games are off but others may not!, and usually people will play the game before they rate it. Well I do ,and if you don't like the rating rate or comment how you feel it should be. One rating or comment can change the opinion of others.

Salmanius
Salmanius
277 posts
Peasant

I agree with breaking good. Some people have a 5 second test and if it isnt their style or is slow at the beginning then it recieves a automatic low score.

Showing 1-15 of 16