ForumsSupport ForumIs it okay to use armatar for other sites?

8 2845
Secretmapper
Secretmapper
1,748 posts
Nomad

For example, I want to use the bunny armatar in say, my Facebook Profile Pic. Just an example.

• 8 Replies
zizo90
zizo90
246 posts
Jester

i can do it
go to your profile in AG and then control panel then aramter then click right click in the mouse on the any armater u want to put it in the Facebook then click right then u will see save as or copy this image
click save in your desktop then u go to Facebook and upload a picture then use the aramter that u saved it in the desktop
that's how to pick aramter to use it in Facebook
thx its my idea i do it

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

He wants to know if he can use it on other sites without copyright laws being in place, Zizo90. Such as, you can't upload a game that isn't yours on Armor Games because of the copyright laws.

Hmm, I think you can use it on other sites. I've seen several people use an Armor Games armatar on other sites. From what I've read in the TaC, there isn't anything wrong with using an Armor Games armatar on another site.

zizo90
zizo90
246 posts
Jester

oh okay ghostofmatrix iam sorry

ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

You must ask the AG admins if you can, and get a written proof. Very unlikely unless you can give a good reason why you want to use the pics.

Read the Terms and Conditions:

We take protection of copyrights, both our own and others, very seriously. We therefore employ multiple measures to prevent copyright infringement over this Site and to promptly end any infringement that might occur. If you believe that the Site contains elements that infringe your copyrights in your work, please contact us immediately.

In other words, it is illegal to copy the armatars without permission and sue for commercial use.

I read this too:

The Site is to be used solely for your non-commercial, non-exclusive, non-assignable, non-transferable and limited personal use and for no other purposes. You must not alter, delete or conceal any copyright or other notices contained on the Site, including notices on any Material you download, transmit, display, print or reproduce from the Site.

I guess Facebook pics count as limited personal use. Ask the admins (Not the mods), and hope for an answer.
darkrai097
darkrai097
862 posts
Nomad

You can use them on other sites. Matrix, wasn't their a plan to give your armatar its own personal url, so if you changed it here it would change on another site? Because if I'm not insane, then that would mean that it is quite obvious that you can use them.

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

Yes, cormyn said it is fine.

I use it for my gmail and Wikia account. =P

zizo90
zizo90
246 posts
Jester

i use it on my Facebook its really col aramters here

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

@ulimitedpower, that clause protects us from others putting copyrighted works on OUR site.

I've said before that using your armatar elsewhere in the Internet is fine by us. I use my old skeleton armatar on twitter, etc.

With AG3, it'll be even easier. Your armatar URL will be unique to you as a user, instead of unique to the armatar which is what happens right now. That way, if you use yoru armatar on a site that simply links it from our site, if you ever change your armatar on AG3, it'll change on those other sites too.

Showing 1-8 of 8