ForumsThe TavernNeed Help With a Website

11 2047
supermape123
supermape123
430 posts
Nomad

Could someone help me make a website and possibly recommend a good place to start that's free.

• 11 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Here's a place where you can make free websites.

As for helping you, no thank you.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

Just to add on to GoMs webs recommendation - here's a list for you to flick through: here

As for help, you'd probably be better waiting until you're not using a free host system.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Wix is some other site which takes the programming factor out of website development.

Really, 'making a website' is dependent on what you're looking for? Do you want to learn how to code a website? Are you looking for a free website hosting service? Are you looking for one of those sites like Webs that make life easier? Do you want free forum software?

Yeah, it'd help if you were more specific about your intentions.

TRUdog
TRUdog
1,031 posts
Nomad

I agree with Knight, that you really need to be more specific.

Also, I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "help me make a website". How do you want us to help?

I agree that if your just starting out, and you want to be creative, Wix is a great site. It's all drag and drop with a few flash elements that you can add to your site.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

teaches you everything you need to know (for free) to create actual websites. Then you will need an HTML editor. I payed a few hundred dollars for Adobe Dreamweaver, but you can see if Microsoft visual web developer express is a good free one. You may need to do research to find a better one.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

If you want a good free program that is easy to use, consider Notepad 2. All you need to do is input the code, save it as an .html file, then from the computer files, open it wherever you saved it and you can see what the site looks like. However, if you want a more indepth program to use, I don't really have any suggestions.

What you described isn't really considered "good".

I remembered some more programs, Codais a good one for mac, and i have heard Notepad++ is a good one for PC.
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Well, it is 'simpler' :P

Except it requires 3 steps to do what can be done in one program and it is much harder to use.
iMogwai
iMogwai
2,027 posts
Peasant

Well, it is 'simpler' :P

It's way more work than using the simplified website creators, like the one webs.com uses, especially if you're going to make a website that is made of several pages, which most websites are.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

If you're only interested in the design functioning of a webpage and/or you don't have the money to invest in reliable development software, opt for the cheaper method. Actually, you might want to learn how to design properly while you learn how to code at the same time.

Er, whatever.

Showing 1-9 of 11