ForumsThe TavernLength of your nose.

13 2636
hokzwijn
hokzwijn
511 posts
Peasant

A friend and I found out that if you measure the length of your nose on your stretched hand, your nose (almost at everyone) fits in 4 and a little bit more times.

I think this is really weird and I would like to know if this also is with you guys and what you think about this discovery.

• 13 Replies
vontje
vontje
866 posts
Nomad

Lol it is true:P

There are all kind of weird things, just like when you put your foot against your lower arm it fits exactly. Between the inside of your elbow and your hand it fits perfectly:P Really weird.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

I just tried it and it's true ;o.
Four times and then some.

The foot thing i felt silly trying, but also true !

AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

A friend and I found out that if you measure the length of your nose on your stretched hand, your nose (almost at everyone) fits in 4 and a little bit more times.

Wait I'm confused? What do you mean?
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I'm confused

^This

I have no idea what you mean. I clicked on this thread an hour ago and I don't know what to do.
wipe42
wipe42
819 posts
Nomad

Well I would have to say that this is a truth of life. However odd it may be. I also tried the one vonje said and I didn't think it would work but it does.

acmed
acmed
3,517 posts
Nomad

I just tried it, and yes, it does fit roughly 4 times on my hand. I have small hands and a nose, so I measured and my hand is 6 inches (small right?) and my nose is 1 1/2 inches. That's exactly 4. Fascinating...

GentlemanClam
GentlemanClam
523 posts
Nomad

I tried them both and they're true. Well, the nose thing is a bit off for me though. But I probly wasn't doing it right.

AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

Oh I get it. Your supposed to let your nose measure your hand...I thought it was vice versa...But it didn't reach 4...I have small hands

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

For those who don't know what you have to do:
You put the palm of your hand out n front of your face, you put your nose at the bottom, and the length of your nose should measure 4 times up the palm of your hand.

The foot one is where you put the heel of your foot in the crease at your elbow, and your toes should be where your wrist is.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

So, basically:

1 hand length=4 nose lengths
1 arm length=2 foot lengths

This I measured:

1 arm length=3 hand lengths

From the given information:

2 foot lengths=3 hand lengths
1 foot length=6 nose lengths
1 arm length=12 nose lengths

I will let V represent a nose length. Using this:

nose: V
hand: VVVV
foot: VVVVVV
arm: VVVVVVVVVVVV

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

Wow patrick, you've just gone and confused me.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

Wow patrick, you've just gone and confused me.

I simply expanded on what was already known.
Showing 1-12 of 13