ForumsProgramming ForumJava?

6 4800
snowman1474
snowman1474
225 posts
Peasant

Can I submit Java games on Armor Games? Because I'm going to start to learn Java over the summer. And I want to make games amongst other things. And I want to contribute to the community by submitting quality games

Thanks

~Snowman1474

• 6 Replies
dank
dank
986 posts
Peasant

No, you can only submit .swf files made in Flash. Java is a good program to learn OOP in, but it isn't the best choice for game design.

jokerxxx
jokerxxx
41 posts
Nomad

you need adobe flash cs3

snowman1474
snowman1474
225 posts
Peasant

Dang I know that I can make more complex games in Java than in Flash. And I DONT necessarily need Adobe Flash CS3... that's just the standard.

I wish I could submit my Java games that I will make over the summer when I learn Java 6. I was going to learn flash but Java is better to use.... it's more of a all purpose language. You can make ANYTHING with it :P

~Snowman1474 :'(

snowman1474
snowman1474
225 posts
Peasant

I contacted Armor Games, and they said that they aren't taking any other games besides flash at the moment. But they might some day expand to other formats. So thanks guys

~Snowman1474

dank
dank
986 posts
Peasant

Java is often thought to be a powerful OOP language, though it was not at first made to be and doesn't have the structure to be that great in the OOP area. If you are looking for a language to develop games in, you will want a good OOP language such as C++.

silentclore
silentclore
297 posts
Nomad

Yea it's only flash games right now but that be totally awesome if they expanded to Java and other formats, I've never heard of a site that's done that. This would totally make armorgames stick out and be a little more original ( even tho it has plenty).

Showing 1-6 of 6