ForumsThe TavernHappy 4th of July!

22 4001
CMsucks
CMsucks
11 posts
Nomad

What is everybody doing i cant do fireworks because of the smoke but i am going to a party what is everybody else doing?

• 22 Replies
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

Lol. Most people now just think, "Fireworks!" when it's the 4th of July, and have little to no knowledge/care for what it stands for.

PlasmaMan
PlasmaMan
464 posts
Nomad

My 4th Of July was terrible. I didn't get to see fireworks or do anything. I just stayed in the house all day and my Mom kept promising "Sure we'll go see fireworks". when we missed the fireworks show down by the lake I asked if we could at least go out and do something and she broke the same promise. All she did was sit on the bed and obsess over which picture to use for her Facebook.

Lol. Most people now just think, "Fireworks!" when it's the 4th of July, and have little to no knowledge/care for what it stands for.

It was the signing of the Decrelation Of Independence on July 4th 1776.
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

I'm not sure if that's true for foreign countries, but it's definitely not true in America.
iMogwai
iMogwai
2,027 posts
Peasant

I'm not sure if that's true for foreign countries

Other countries don't celebrate the fourth of July, so they don't even think "Fireworks!". They just think "Oh my god, today is the fourth of July! That's the day between the third of July and the fifth of July and there's nothing special about today! I will celebrate with cornflakes and chocolate milk!"
PlasmaMan
PlasmaMan
464 posts
Nomad

"Oh my god, today is the fourth of July! That's the day between the third of July and the fifth of July and there's nothing special about today! I will celebrate with cornflakes and chocolate milk!"

If sarcasm needed a definition then that would surely be it.
Showing 16-20 of 22