ForumsWEPRSuicide

262 71636
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

Is it ever acceptable?
Is it cowardice or a cry for help?
Some cultures accepted it as something of honor (namely the Japanese military in WWII). Others condemned it (namely the ancient Spartans).
Share your thoughts and opinions here.

• 262 Replies
Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

Honestly I can't see any problem an adult would have that would seriously lead them to think that the rest of their life has no upcoming value.

Terminal illness, incurable mental health issues, a life that seems to be stuck in a horrible dead end cycle that you can't seem to break no matter how hard you try, the sense/feeling that you'll be alone forever and unloved, the feeling that you're just a burden on those around you and that the world would really be better off without you in it.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Adults don't make much of a difference to me, I mean really, how bad could their lives be?
They've either made bad choices and are in some serious gang-related stuff and are already being chased by the law, so I suppose that's reasonable seeing as you have no where else to go besides evil life or jail.

What if they've been severely sexually abused? They're partner and baby has died?
iMogwai
iMogwai
2,030 posts
Peasant

Honestly I can't see any problem an adult would have that would seriously lead them to think that the rest of their life has no upcoming value.

Grown-ups have far more things to worry about than kids, including everything a kid can worry about.
Nightfang21
Nightfang21
117 posts
Nomad

Suicide is not acceptable no matter what. It doesnt matter what your going through because if you comit suicide thats a one way ticket to hell. Suicide isnt the answer. I mean like if your being abused, get help. There will always be someone to comfort you no matter your situation. I dont now thats what i think.

Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

Prove to me that this so-called 'hell' exists and that you go there for committing suicide.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Suicide is not acceptable no matter what. It doesnt matter what your going through because if you comit suicide thats a one way ticket to hell.

(not meaning to turn this into a religious debate)
These people feel so tortured in life they feel the need to end it and your deities idea of dealing with this is to have them tortured for eternity?
Anyway we can dismiss this reasoning given such place isn't likely to be real.

People who kill themselves feel they can't get help. whether they actually can or not is inconsequential. There aren't situations where your not going to have someone there to comfort you.
akqpars
akqpars
190 posts
Nomad

Prove to me that this so-called 'hell' exists and that you go there for committing suicide.

Anyone can prove or disprove it but suicidal person would be out of mind in that moment. Thus, no hell for them.
akqpars
akqpars
190 posts
Nomad

(not meaning to turn this into a religious debate)

Like there is any unreligious hell. Lets cause a mass suicide to see if there is God. I mean it.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Anyone can prove or disprove it

Given it remains unproven apparently not.

Like there is any unreligious hell.

I know I put that because I was addressing something religious.
akqpars
akqpars
190 posts
Nomad

Given it remains unproven apparently not.

But there is a certain claim on it that everything will be seen when the curtains opens on eyes. On the other hand, there can be no certain claim from whom is resurrected from death we could met.
iMogwai
iMogwai
2,030 posts
Peasant

But there is a certain claim on it that everything will be seen when the curtains opens on eyes.

No offense, but are you high or something?
akqpars
akqpars
190 posts
Nomad

No offense, but are you high or something?

Blaming game doesn't work out when you dont have an answer. Embrace yourself to see there is two sections conflict. Take it or blame and walk away in its condition as staying silent.
iMogwai
iMogwai
2,030 posts
Peasant

Blaming game doesn't work out when you dont have an answer. Embrace yourself to see there is two sections conflict. Take it or blame and walk away in its condition as staying silent.

What I'm trying to say is that I have no idea of what you are trying to say.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

I have to agree, sorry akqpars, but you have to phrase your points better, I don't get your points either. But let me ask you, do you seriously think that suicide can prove or disprove anything?

On the matter of suicide, I don't think we can come to a conclusion in such a thread because there are too many different possible situations, on one side I kinda agree with those who say suicide is a bad solution to a temporary problem, on the other way there are situations where there is not much left to do; so I find it wrong and stupid to demonize suicide per se.

akqpars
akqpars
190 posts
Nomad

I have to agree, sorry akqpars, but you have to phrase your points better, I don't get your points either.

As it should be as i belong to a different life and morality,not to mention our age and generation difference.

do you seriously think that suicide can prove or disprove anything

To us nothing could prove or disprove anything as we wouldn't care even if someone close to us commited suicide, we would forget its pain like a dream. But to them whom commits it, we should ask their experience.
Showing 16-30 of 262