The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsProgramming ForumDefault vs Dreamweaver

7 4571
xeden
xeden
250 posts
Nomad

Default or Dreamweaver. DISCUSS!

• 7 Replies
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Default or Dreamweaver. DISCUSS!

And what is default?
Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

And what is default?

Probably he meant plain written code and not a program that spews un-optimized code for you.

It's pretty simple if you are a web developer it's all plain. If you are a designer you probably are still unlikely to use Dreamweaver, more like to use wordpress with custom themes and tweaks.
WhiskeyedJack
WhiskeyedJack
80 posts
Shepherd

Are you talking about using notepad vs an IDE? Of course I use an IDE. The syntax highlighting alone, makes sifting through code much easier.

Do I use Dreamweaver when there are other free or much cheaper alternatives? At only $400 it is one of Adobe's cheaper suites, but I'd go for cheaper.

elshobokshy
elshobokshy
159 posts
Nomad

Personally I use notepad, I still gotta learn DreamWeaver.

ooier
ooier
28 posts
Shepherd

Dreamweaver because of the syntax highlighting + auto completion

zeriox
zeriox
47 posts
Nomad

Dreamweaver cause i find it more effective and faster to use

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

Flash develop is wht i use it is free and easy to use but has every thing needed, (plus android, air, and more) plus the suport Html Java and haXe (IDK haXe?) it is mostly a AS 2.0 and AS3.0 based though so C programmer might not like it, but it suports C syntax, flash develop does collor codeing which is nice and also if you don't no what a funtions parameters are or what a oporator or class does you can put you mouse over it and it will tell you! even if it is user deifened! AND IT IS FREE AND PLENTY POWERFULL!!! i don't see why i should spend 400$ on dreamwaver when i could spend 200 to 400 on FB (flash builder) or 600$ (more or less) on CS5! if i was going to spend a lot of money i would go to the top not the bottem when i can get FD (flash develop) for free...

but never try dream so IDK

Showing 1-7 of 7