156 posts
Nomad

have a problem with it?Put it here

• 47 Replies
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

[quote]I think the best solution to people leaving when they're losing is to increase the leaving penalty. This is the current penalty:

The penalty is 10 XP (a very small amount) and the XP comes back. People are realizing this and are not afraid to leave.

Two things need to happen to keep people in games even when they're doomed:

1) The lost experience should not come back.
2) The experience penalty needs to be bigger.

I agree, but when you're closing your browser, tab or simply reload the page, you leave the game without any penalty. Sad, but your solution won't work.[/quote]

My solution to the single-quoted flaw in the double-quoted solution is this:

Add a control so that the penalty applies when a player quits no matter how it's done, whether it's the menu button, closing the browser, refreshing, etc.
Foraker
Foraker
101 posts
Nomad

Add a control so that the penalty applies when a player quits no matter how it's done, whether it's the menu button, closing the browser, refreshing, etc.

That's the right idea. It's so annoying, when I see a lvl 40 premium is quitting, because his first shot didn't hit.
Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,914 posts
Nomad

A way to work around the unfairness (it's a bit snooty and clickish but if you want to play a game and not have people that are insanely higher rank than you, this the only thing I've come up with) is to create a game and title it "Below (insert your rank rounded to the nearest 5 or 10 here) level players". And if somebody who's a higher rank than the maximum in the title, kick them out. Sure it's mean, but it keeps it fair and there's always multiple rooms to join.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

You can also do it the other direction by setting a minimum level in intervals of 5. For example, I am level 19, so I could either set the minimum level to none (anyone can play), 5, 10, or 15. If a minimum level is set, only those who are at least that level could join, and you can even name it "level X+" or something where X is the minimum level. I once made a level 15-30 game where I set the minimum level to 15, then I would kick anyone over level 30.

Also, I sometimes see games called "nuke," which is most likely a reference to the Nuke weapon, which is unlocked at level 40. I think those games are most likely a request for a level 40 player to come and show the creator the Nuke weapon.

swagman
swagman
156 posts
Nomad

this thread is if you have problems or if you love it

bubblegum7
bubblegum7
13 posts
Nomad

I love shell shck live!!

Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

I love shell shck live!!

Me too! Even though i'm not a skilled player...

But i think that it would be better if there was any "free" deluxe upgrades: the whole idea of spending real cash in a game doesnt seem right. So 'free' upgrades (that use virtual points only) would be a good call. The points could be rewarded as the player reach another level or something. Paid upgrades are too annoying 'cuz there is people that can't afford it and ends up losing matches for the guys who can.

Another feature that would be cool is the possibility of choose your team's color. That green-blue-and-red color scheme seems too... basic
Koru7
Koru7
1,408 posts
Nomad

How do you earn free tank coins?? When i click it it says "Please disable ad-blocks." and then i turn the adblocks off, and nothing happens. Please help.

Koru7
Koru7
1,408 posts
Nomad

Nevermind. I found out.

Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,914 posts
Nomad

I was about to get over 100 xp in a 2v2 match and these guests kept shooting eachother/themselves. But right as I was about to take the last turn of the game, I was instantely taken back to the lobby room because of a server error.

swagman
swagman
156 posts
Nomad

[quote]I was about to get over 100 xp in a 2v2 match and these guests kept shooting eachother/themselves. But right as I was about to take the last turn of the game, I was instantely taken back to the lobby room because of a server error.

lol,that happened to me to.

SonicWave86
SonicWave86
5 posts
Nomad

Shell Shock Live is the best free Multiplayer computer game EVER!!!!!!

Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

I used to play it, but I don't a lot anymore...probably because you level up too slow :P

Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,914 posts
Nomad

probably because you level up too slow

Once you get past level 9, you start to level up real fast as long as you do 2v2 rather than 3v3. The AC-130 is an amazing way to get up to about 12 xp if you get someone in a hole.
theturd
theturd
39 posts
Nomad

I hate when people leave too. I mean, if you lose your connection that's one thing, but when the game is close and your teamate(s) leave it is very annoying. I think they should penalize leavers more. 10XP is really nothing. It should be much more. What I do now is start my own game and dont allow guests or low XP players. Usually someone with higher XP is not going to leave the game. They didnt get high XP by losing 10 points all the time.

Showing 16-30 of 47