Nomad

whats the wisest thing you ever heard?
i don't know thats why im asking

• 92 Replies
KentReid
KentReid
65 posts
Nomad

A good friend of mine said this to me and I spent hours trying to decipher it. "So says the wind to the tide 'I hate you'... but he lies." Only upon consulting him about the intended meaning did he tell me that it was meaningless gibberish. But it made me seriously consider how people look for profundities in nothing.

German3945
German3945
996 posts
Nomad

"I'm going to start keeping a fake journal full of monumental things, that way if I ever get amnesia ill think I was ****ing awesome!"

Now hiring: telepath ... you know where to apply.

My best friend told me today that I've been taking too much LSD lately. I ignored him. I mean, what does a desk lamp know about taking drugs?

God, grant me the serenity to accept the chicks I cannot bang, courage to bang the chicks I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

If I had a dollar for everytime someone said I didn't pay attention, I have absolutely no ****ing idea how much money I'd have at all.

I have a dream: a dream that, one day, chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

These are all facebook status updates from Seth Rock, a Dayton Ohio rapper, who makes hilarious statuses. I suggest you friend just for the laughs if not the white rap.

"The greatest thing about the internet, is that you can quote something and totally make up the source."

- George Washington

Mental Note: Actual notes work better.

Dylski11
Dylski11
37 posts
Nomad

'Everyone will have their 15 minutes of Fame' Andy Warhol

thugtastic
thugtastic
162 posts
Peasant

"No soup for you!" Anonymous
"Chuck Norris!!!" Me

JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,747 posts
Peasant

The quotes on my page. Just scroll down to the end section.

chang
chang
846 posts
Nomad

All of the ones I can think of are from songs:

Life is a journey, not a destination - Aerosmith

That one line in the song "Amazing" is quite possibly one of the wisest things I have heard in a long time.

I can't forget that I'm not ashamed to be the person I am today - Staind

A major line from the song "So Far Away" I'm not sure if it's more wise, or just motivational, but a great line non-the-less

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

That was said by a character referred to as the Soup Nazi on the show entitled Seinfeld.
daniel5533
daniel5533
160 posts
Nomad

[quote]Nobody is immortal!

Binary_Illusion
Binary_Illusion
299 posts
Jester

I love quotes, they help motivate us and let us see the world in a new perspective. Even if that perspective was not what was originally intended by the person that stated the quote; that is the great thing about quotes!

Anything by Miyamoto Musashi (a mouthful I know) are great! He was a samurai in fuedal Japan, look into him if you desire, but here is one of my favorite quotes:

âAspire to be like Mt. Fuji, with such a broad and solid foundation that the strongest earthquake cannot move you, and so tall that the greatest enterprises of common men seem insignificant from your lofty perspective. With your mind as high as Mt Fuji you can see all things clearly. And you can see all the forces that shape events; not just the things happening near to you.â

Source: [url=http://thinkexist.com/quotation/aspire-to-be-like-mt-fuji-with-such-a-broad-and/411197.html]

zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

Time is an amazing teacher, although it is one that kills all of his students.

thugtastic
thugtastic
162 posts
Peasant

"[Veni,Vidi,Vici" I came, I saw, I conquered. Gaius Julius Caesar. ]

I agree.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I believe it was the Soup Nazi who said that.
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,150 posts
Peasant

"I would rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not."

"Ships are safe in a harbor, but that's not what ships are made for."

"Brick walls are there to show us how badly we want something."

"If you don't stand up for something, you'll fall for anything."

"You cannot change the cards you are dealt, just how you play the hand."

"Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you." --Matthew 5:11-12, (NIV)

"If you want the rainbow you have to put up with the rain."

"You don't fail if you are defeated, You fail if you quit"

the_manta
the_manta
4,536 posts
Peasant

"a street intersecting itself? i must be at the nexus of the universe!"

-Cosmo Kramer

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

"A penny candle burned down Moscow."

- Old Russian proverb

"Man no grow no laugh at the long man."

- Cajun proverb

"A hasty man drinks his tea with a fork."

- Old Chinese proverb

"When one man's beard catches on fire, another man says, 'Let me light my cigarette from it'."

- Old Arabian proverb

Showing 46-60 of 92