ForumsThe TavernThe trash can?

9 2911
FallenSky
FallenSky
1,813 posts
Peasant

Hello there, I just wanted to know if there was some kind of way to get back photos or files that have been deleted in the trash can. I have the latest window version, and I was wondering because I accidentaly deleted an important piece of writing from my pc. I'm not that good with computers, but please tell me if there's any way to do it.

• 9 Replies
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

When you delete the files, your computer doesn't actually delete them until you need the space, so your computer will show the space as being open even though the file is still there. I think this program is supposed to recover deleted files.

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

If it goes to the recycle bin, you can take it back out (assuming you have administrative privileges, otherwise you might not be able to). But, if you deleted it from there, I'd give the program master suggested a try. The only things is, though, it's only a trial...I hate those >_<

KXIsystem
KXIsystem
106 posts
Nomad

You can also try this, though its not free but its powerful. It comes with this software package that I recommend though its up to you. You might wanna search recover programs.

Also note that you may not be able to recover everything that you deleted.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Recuva from Pirifom (the guys who made CCleaner) is pretty decent I suppose.

Remember that the sooner you take action after you accidentally erase your file, the better your odds are of finding it. This is especially true if there isn't much remaining space on your hard drive. Once a file is removed from the Recycle Bin, Windows allows any programs that need the extra space to overwrite your "deleted" files. Hopefully, that hasn't happened yet.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

It wold be pretty ironic if, when you download the program, it's files overwrites the hard drive space that you needed to recover.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Well, I doubt it'd be that specific but yeah it could happen.

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,813 posts
Peasant

I see, well thanks a lot for all this help. I've been able to recover some photos with a free undeleter, but only a very small portion of them - about 30 out 500. I think I'll download the software but use it on my digital camera. The files have been erased on it but not much photos have been took since then so you never know. As for my writing, it seemed okay because I acted fast, thanks to you guys.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Excellent. Glad to be of service.

It's easier to recover single files that accidentally go down the drain, as opposed to entire folders of things. I suppose the best defence is caution.

Isabella114
Isabella114
1 posts
Nomad

you can get back your photos & data back which you deleted from trash with the help of Kernel for fat and ntfs pc file recovery software, it recovers deleted data instantly. It has an user friendly interface through which you can preview your data in scan mode and then you have the choice to save all or some selective files to your location. for more details go to - http://www.pcfilerecovery.org

Showing 1-9 of 9