ForumsThe TavernWords of Wisdom

7 1872
owlmanawesome
owlmanawesome
20 posts
Nomad

Post your words of wisdom here! they can be about anything, for anything, and from anyone. be sure to include quotation marks and the name of whoever said the quote if youre going to use someone elses.

Here's one to start (i came up with this one):
Pain makes fear more relevant.

• 7 Replies
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

"He who makes a thread about wise words, may not be aware that there is already a thread for that exact purpose."

-Anonymous

owlmanawesome
owlmanawesome
20 posts
Nomad

Sorry about that, im new here, and have no idea what a thread is, how to make one, or how to search for topics on the forums. sorry. How do i take forums down?

alexstargazer
alexstargazer
347 posts
Nomad

I would have to agree with Ernie. That is a very wise quote indeed. Just go to that thread, and post your quote, and all will be good.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Sorry about that, im new here

No need to apologize for being new. You've done no harm.

and have no idea what a thread is, how to make one

Apparently you do and you just don't know it. This is a thread and you made it by clicking the "New Thread" button. Threads and topics are basically synonymous.

or how to search for topics on the forums

Unless you're looking for a specific thread, it's better to look at the last 5 pages in the section in the forum you plan to create to make sure there isn't a thread just like yours that has already been made.

How do i take forums down?

You can request it be locked by a moderator, or you can wait for a moderator to lock it on their own. It depends on how much confidence you have in the moderation staff.
bravehawk204
bravehawk204
349 posts
Nomad

"life is cruel, get over it" -lots of people have said this

notinthepie3
notinthepie3
655 posts
Nomad

"It doesn't matter about the years of your life, it's the life in your years"
and "Whatever you are, be a good one"
Both by Abe Lincoln. Well.... I don't remember them exactly, but it's pretty close.

iMogwai
iMogwai
2,027 posts
Peasant

"IF ALL ELSE FAILS USE FIRE"
- Villager from The Legend of Zelda: The Adventures of Link (I think that's the title, the second one for the NES)

"Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
- I don't know, heard it several times from different sources.

"I don't want to live in a world without big explosions!"
- Caboose from Red vs. Blue.

"I don't think, therefore I am happy."
- Me. Just now.

Showing 1-7 of 7