ForumsNews and FeedbackIntroduce a Multiplayer tab/button up there ^^^

2 2842
Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

The title sums it up pretty well. I think that making a new classification for multi-player games would be a good idea. As always... I don't know if this has been suggested yet or not. It took me months of being here to realize that colony was actually a
multi-player game. At first, I thought that EP was just a multi player game with people on the same computer at the same keyboard. I only found out that they were multi-player in the sense that you play people from across the world because of just happening to see it discussed on the forums after I'd made an account... (and EP was b/c of my neighbor in the dorm... even then, I'd thought EP was the only one like that)

Granted I have AAALLLLOOOOOOOTTTT of blond moments... I just think that another tab saying "Multi Player" and then having "Play With And Against People Just Like You From Across The World Here At Armor Games With Our Best Selection Of Multi-Player Games" would catch more people's attention. I think the games that allow for co-op and/or you to vs multiple real people being more out in the open would attract and keep more people to the site.

...You might could make the Multi tab's tag line a little less wordy tho.

Also, the green bar below the tabs and the grey colored bar below that do not make it all the way to the end of their respective areas on my screen. The Misc button makes it to the "m" in New Games. It just feels like there's a void there. Same with the S in submit games making it only to the M in Misc. The Featured games feature on the same line only makes it to the "a" in "Strategy." I would think that my saying this is not needed, and that AG3 has already taken care of it. I dunno... The voids just draws my eyes to them. I'm usually the last to be OCD about something too. My aim is not to upset anyone. I'm just trying to express my opinion about a few areas where I think things might be better.

This was somewhat of a melding of both an AG3 suggestion and a normal now suggestion... unless you have AG3 w/ the green void too... anywho, those are some of my thoughts. My apologies if they've all already been discussed somewhere.

• 2 Replies
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

As far as multiplayer games go, there are only about a handful that actually fall under that category. That would only fill up about half a page of games, which isn't really enough for an entire section.

Since AG2 is nearing its final days, it doesn't seem like a good use of the admins' time to make a new game section that will only last a couple weeks. It would make more sense to add this to AG3 rather then AG2.

It would be much easier to have a multiplayer tag than a multiplayer section. In the immortal words of cormyn:

Tags aren't in the search, but we're also planning to expand it quite a lot as well, such as a 'multiplayer' tag so you can find your favorite MP games.

Hopefully I've answered your questions through cormyn, or he's answered it through me. Whichever one it is, I hope your questions have been answered to why it hasn't been added here or to what will happen in AG3 with this idea.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

We've already talked extensively about how we're overhauling the tag system on AG3, and that 'multiplayer' will be a very prominent tag. There aren't enough multiplayer games to warrant that it becomes a "genre".

Showing 1-2 of 2