ForumsThe TavernVacations.

17 2259
Bluydee
Bluydee
3,426 posts
Nomad

I was just gone for a week to Yellowstone and Mt. Rushmore. What was your favorite trip?

• 17 Replies
Drink
Drink
1,621 posts
Blacksmith

i only been on a couple vacations (to nashville once or twice when i was in middle school and whjen i was 9 i went to florida for disney world) but from what i remember the obvious choice disney world because of all the rides n such things

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

I've been to the Tennessee mountains, Yellowstone (before my memory), the Florida beaches, Disney World, the battlefields of the Civil War and the Grand Canyon. I'd have to say that Tennessee would be my favorite vacation, though.

hokzwijn
hokzwijn
511 posts
Peasant

I went to Portugal a few years back. Lot of relaxing. At one time we wanted fish for dinner so we went to the market and we just got a dead fish. We still had to remove the organs and eyes and all that stuff. Not a pleasant thing to watch if you're 9 years old.

Binary_Illusion
Binary_Illusion
299 posts
Jester

I've never been on an adventurous vacation Only to the Wisconsin Dells, and that was fun.

darkrai097
darkrai097
858 posts
Nomad

I went to Chicago a few months ago. I had to drive there. four days, each way We went to the Willis Tower and the John Hancock Center. I like standing on glass 103 floors above the ground. It's entertaining to watch other people get scared and not go on/look straight up when you're casually standing and looking straight down.

deadhead50
deadhead50
341 posts
Nomad

the only real vacation ive been on was Disney World but i was 4 years old and really dont remember much. But out of the main two in the OP i would say Yellowstone sounds better than Rushmore.

Binary_Illusion
Binary_Illusion
299 posts
Jester

@Dark, I went to Series Tower, when it was Series tower... I haven't been there since, but it will never be Willis tower for me because I live 40 minutes outside of Chicago!

How did you enjoy it?

hitmanvp95
hitmanvp95
1,089 posts
Nomad

At one time we wanted fish for dinner so we went to the market and we just got a dead fish. We still had to remove the organs and eyes and all that stuff. Not a pleasant thing to watch if you're 9 years old.

It isn't like that where you're from?
And yes, Portugal is pretty awesome. :P Wich place did you visit?
GentlemanClam
GentlemanClam
523 posts
Nomad

Once I went to Tennessee to visit Graceland, and then went Memphis to visit Sun Studio, after that went to little rock to see bill clinton library, then last we went to Hope Arkansas to visit bill cliton childhood home al. It was one long great trip. But ended kinda badly when one tire of our car blew...

darkrai097
darkrai097
858 posts
Nomad

I went to Series Tower, when it was Series tower

Sears Tower.
How did you enjoy it?

I thought it was awesome. I had fun pushing my sisters towards the window and then grabbing them yelling "saved your life!"
idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

I went to Kauai around 3 years ago. I actually went to Oahu before that, but I like Kauai better because it's much more remote and lush.

bravehawk204
bravehawk204
349 posts
Nomad

Washington DC

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

Erm, i can't choose just one destination.
My top two holidays were probably Amesterdam and Africa.
Although they're close followed by America.

Binary_Illusion
Binary_Illusion
299 posts
Jester

Haha darkrai097,

I thought it was awesome. I had fun pushing my sisters towards the window and then grabbing them yelling "saved your life!"

I enjoyed it quite a lot. I made a coin with one of those presses you crank, and I also purchased a key chain, something you can't get because the name changed. But it was amazing, you could see all the way over Lake Michigan from the sky deck! But they didn't have a floating deck where you could go out when I was there. I do remember the elevator having a video playing while you went up, and your ears popped haha.
eatmydust166
eatmydust166
923 posts
Peasant

My favorite trip has to be when me and some friends went down to Tennessee. There wasn't much to do, but we still had fun. I forget where I stayed, but I think it was called Pigeon Forge or something like that.

Showing 1-15 of 17