ForumsThe TavernThrowing Things Into Trash Cans

52 10566
Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,914 posts
Nomad

How good are you when it comes to throwing things in trash cans? Whether it be paper wads, erasers, or anything.

I know I'm terrible because just yesterday I was hanging out with a friend at the mall and we got some icecream. So I had the idea of throwing my spoon into the trash can. It was about three feet away. I tossed it, it somehow flew upwards, went over the trash can, and almost hit this couple on the other side of the trash can.

If you have any good stories of amazing shots or misses or a good technique for throwing them (I've seen people get really serious about this, so I bet there's a technique somewhere for it), post it all here.

• 52 Replies
jsalmeron
jsalmeron
125 posts
Nomad

i threw a wad of wet paper and it got stuck on the edge and just sat there so i tried again and SAME THING happened. ;D

rikiboy639
rikiboy639
14 posts
Nomad

I always throw bottles in trashcans from around 6 feet i think?!

Alexistigerspice
Alexistigerspice
1,502 posts
Farmer

I was in my Latin class and this dude threw peice of paper at me, and when I tried to throw it at him I completely missed and it landed in the trashcan. I pretended I meant to throw it away :3

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

I'd say I'm average with most throwable items, though empty bottles (especiaoly liguter ones like pop bottles) have always been my nemesis.

As for a technique, it's somewyat amusing to do a fadeaway jump shot, and it tends to work forme.

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

i am average, too. sometimes i hit and sometimes not. but at the second or third try i hit in the trash can easily.

johnmerz
johnmerz
537 posts
Shepherd

I'm pretty average in my accuracy when I throw things into the trash can, but I've never really tried to get better at it, and I don't do it that often...

PerryKid
PerryKid
1,269 posts
Nomad

OMG!! Poor trash can!! Do you guys in America disrespect YOUR trashcans like that??? They are not a toy to play with! Here, we PUT our trash in the trash can. We never throw our trash.

((LOL, JK... Once, from 3 yards away, on a windy day, I threw an apple into a trash can. Nobody looked ))

younieboy
younieboy
297 posts
Blacksmith

i am very bad in throwing stuff....
but i can hit some teachers with erases
haha

phycticpotato
phycticpotato
132 posts
Nomad

It might be just me, but some days, I miss the easy shot and others, I can get one in a million feet away (exaggeration).

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

I hit everything... If I'm above the trashcan. Usually I walk to the front of the class with random papers just to get some movement.

Tobisper
Tobisper
407 posts
Nomad

I don't really need to throw the paper in the trash can just do it to impress the ladies.

frodo86
frodo86
474 posts
Shepherd

I've never actually tried, I did play paper toss on an Ipad once though...

CheapCheep
CheapCheep
240 posts
Nomad

My teacher said if I could make a shot (paper towel) from the other side of the room, there would be no homework for the day.

Now usually I suck at sports but I ended up making it. It ended up being a total waste because we didnt have homework anyway... >_<

phsyco123
phsyco123
64 posts
Nomad

oh i love to throw trash into trash cans i almost never miss once i told my friends i would stand backwards and throw my apple core over my head and in. i was about 10 feet away i threw it and it went right in it was really cool

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

I throw paper balls and such in trash cans sometimes. I find it remarkably easy to do a behind-the-back double double banker, as usually the trash can is in the corner.

4)We take the paper
5)SLAMDUNK!

Everytime
Showing 31-45 of 52