ForumsThe TavernAndroid V.S iPhone

35 4948
destruction101
destruction101
113 posts
Nomad

Is Apple too restricting or is android just a lie. Show your Evidence; take a side because this will be a heated debate!

• 35 Replies
Fishdert
Fishdert
37 posts
Nomad

I think the Droid is better. You basically get everything that an iPhone has for half the price. I'd rather stick to having a phone and an iPod separately, rather than have them put into one. But that's just preference.

I prefer the UI of an iPhone and would rather have an iPod and phone integrated into one device. Sure, I would be twice as damaged if I lost it, but I use both functions of my iPhone constantly.
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,150 posts
Peasant

Iphone SUCKS! Android all the way! First off, Android can run 3rd party apps. 99.99% of the stuff in the Android market is free, and it has all of the things Iphone can do PLUS MORE. Steve jobs can lick a Mule's scrotum

destruction101
destruction101
113 posts
Nomad

I have to agree with thepyro222 he is exactl right in every way.

Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,911 posts
Nomad

I think my post in the locked version of this thread explains where I stand in this debate.

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

For future reference is it still called he Android or is it just Droid now?

Android is the technology that powers the 'Droids'. A Droid is one of the phones. Something about that that I find interesting though, is that there are so many different Droids made by different companies.
Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

Although i don't like to pay for the music on itunes so jailbreaking comes in handy

You can use Real Player to copy (most) videos off the internet and convert them to iPod or other mobile device formats and sync them up. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm sure it works.
Unplug, an add-on for Fire Fox, also can save various internet media to your computer. You can download (for sure) .mp4, .flv (although you usually can't play it back unless you have real player or another program that reads that file type), .swf (games, but to play them locally, you need shock wave flash or if there is any other program that reads that), etc. etc.
xfirealchemistx
xfirealchemistx
370 posts
Nomad

But blackra1n and greenp0ison is patched D:

I've used redsn0w to jailbreak my 2G iPhone.
I used Greenpois0n to jailbreak my iPad.
I don't care what I use as long as it works.
bravehawk204
bravehawk204
349 posts
Nomad

My dad has an iphone my bro has a droid and from what I've seen the droid can do a little bit more but there about the same thing.

ExplosionsHurt
ExplosionsHurt
248 posts
Nomad

I say they both have there good points and bad points.

The iPhone is simple. It's very easy to pick up and learn quickly. However, it lacks in features. No Bluetooth, for example. Nothing apart from icons on the homescreen.

Most Android phones are a little rough around the edges. However, they have a lot of customability. There are custom lockscreens, custom launchers, and a host of other things that can be changed. However, most Android phones lack the simplicity of the iPhone.

I'm not going into rooting Android phones or jailbreaking the iPhone here.

julls
julls
1 posts
Nomad

to convert files to iPod i recommend to use this tool http://www.macvide.com/Macvide_iPod_Converter/

destruction101
destruction101
113 posts
Nomad

Well to convert files to Mp3 I recomend useing Double Twist.The cool thing about converting files is that you can chose between iPod, and Android. Then just convert the files!

KXIsystem
KXIsystem
106 posts
Nomad

Honestly from a user stand point, its up to choice. In fact most people don't even need a smart phone, all I ever want to use a phone for is to call or maybe even text. The latest iPod touch is basically an iPhone without the ability to use basic phone services, and with the addition of iOS 5 its more like a phone.

To be honest, Apple is a bit cheap and money hungry when it comes to the iOS. I mean the iPad isn't worth it, I only respect them for their computers and OSX - most people don't need a full iMac, some can even make do with a Mac mini.

My conclusion, I choose Android because I'm one of the few sane people that trust Google and use their products. And I don't scream my head off that they are taking over the world, I mean the internet has almost taken over the world and Microsoft is on its way so why panic over Google?

I'm so off topic in this post.

Seroph
Seroph
54 posts
Scribe

I prefer my android phone. Although there are less things on the market, the Android market has a much more expansive selection of free apps. All the phones do the same thing, but Iphones cost substantially more in both raw product costs and usage costs.

aceman191
aceman191
1 posts
Nomad

I think that if Apple could get flash that it would dominate. But just because off the IPhone part (not the software but the device) apple IPhones are better.

KXIsystem
KXIsystem
106 posts
Nomad

I think that if Apple could get flash that it would dominate. But just because off the IPhone part (not the software but the device) apple IPhones are better.

Doubt it, Apple had some feud with Adobe and lets just say they're not getting flash anytime soon.
Showing 16-30 of 35