ForumsThe TavernCalling all runners!

19 2393
destruction101
destruction101
113 posts
Nomad

I am a cross country runner. I would like to talk to other runners about their races tips and tricks! The more that you contribute the more topics on running will be available to help you in your running career.

Please do not post anything if you are not a runner
Example
"I am not a runner so I do not know what to post"
Donât even bother or I will red flag you because this is just an attempt on getting Armor Points.

Thank You

• 19 Replies
GamerLynx
GamerLynx
32 posts
Nomad

[/quote]Oh, and chocolate milk is supposed to be the best thing to drink after running or any other work out.[quote]

Where did you hear that? I've seen people throw up when they have milk after working out. Dairies are too heavy, and sugar isn't good afterwards. Almost everyone I know who ran seriously always had water after a run, not even Gatorade, because the sugar in it would mess with their stomachs before it settled. (Unfortunately I can't give too much personal insight on this, I can't drink milk.)

novacek96
novacek96
11 posts
Nomad

a friend of mines dad who is an avid runner once told me that the race is only 30% physical. the other 70% is mental. if you can get past the pain in your mind then you will shatter your times and succeed greatly. He also said to stay hydrated throughout the day but when comes to 2 hours before race time, stop drinking fluids because it will be dead weight. striding also works very well to one, save energy, and two, go further on every step to help times. hope these things help you out and good luck next time you race

gbnxc
gbnxc
190 posts
Nomad

I run track and xc and im hoping to make varsity as a freshman at my highschool.. my advice would be get out and get as much mileage as you can. I've found that for the most part your mileage is reflected in your performance

Showing 16-18 of 19