ForumsNews and FeedbackGame Rating

5 2541
destruction101
destruction101
115 posts
Nomad

I think that it would be a great idea if there was a section on developing games where developers making their games could post there partly finished game so that people could give feedback BEFORE the game is finished that way people can give comments so that when the game is ready for submission to Armor Games it has the best chance of becoming a all time favorite!

I have made this idea because I think that it is easier for the game developers to change the game while they are making it!

• 5 Replies
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

This already happens, the games usually have the word beta in them, and if you read the game description a few developers state this is the first release and plan on fixing bugs and listening to feedback. I don't think a separate section is necessary.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Perhaps AG could make a "Game Creation", and the sub-forums in that section would include; Programming Help, Collaborations, and a sub-forum where developer's could post their flash games so people can test them before they submit them to the site.

Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

^That's a good idea. Then people would know that anything in that section was beta, so they would be expecting glitches and provide better feedback than "this game stinks, it's glitchy".

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

We've discussed this late last year. One thing we want to build is a "developer's corner" which is all about making games, how to use our AGI libraries, and a place to post beta games for user feedback.

It's something we really want to do as a company to help the game development process.

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

ahh THANK YOU CORMYN this is the type of stuff i mean't in my topic for dev stuff! glad it sparked a little! so our going to like make a realy dev's corner not the little junk (but nice...) corner we have here plus the programing help section? sounds great and you get more devs cuz of it!

Showing 1-5 of 5