ForumsForum Games{RPG} Zombocalypse

40 20050
Bla20020
Bla20020
65 posts
Nomad

Story
Zombie Kill Team Report - February 11

We had a successful run north of City 6A, but something was not right. it seemed the defensive walls of 4A and 5A were gone, and were moved back to row B of our remaining land. If those zombies keep tearing down our walls we'll have nothing left.

Zombie Kill Team Report - February 18

We're losing ground - fast. We've only got 2C, 5D, and 6C left. It seems that the walls are being torn down. We're lucky that us 12 are using this plane, because if we were down there we'd be dead. We're going to advise the rest of the survivors to stay in fallout shelters. Our pilot is worried that we're running out of gas, and without any cities to refuel in, we'll likely be the last 12 people alive.

Zombie Kill Team Report - February 20

It is necessary this report gets to Summit City. We're sending this message out of weekly schedule because all of our cities are taken over, we've ran out of fuel (which also means we cannot use the mounted chainguns), so we're taking out our supply crate and carrying what we can carry. Our pilot, Smith, Westley, and Jackson have all died in the crash, so only us 8 are left. We need to bunker down before sunset, so we'll have to cut this message short.

-----------------------------

Introduction to Zombocalypse
Welcome to my first Forum RPG game, Zombocalypse! It is a co-op survival game that will have team, group, and single-player events. Hope it's actually good for a first-game!
To kick this game off, we need 8 players, as stated in the above story. Also mentioned, the supply crate will have weapons for each player and some other inventory items. These items are on a first come first serve basis. Without further ado, here's a playercard template (You start out with 30 XP points):

Name:
Melee: [XP - Limit 10]
Short Range: [XP - Limit 10]
Medium Range: [XP - Limit 10]
Long Range: [XP - Limit 10]
Strength: [XP - Limit 10] (Determines amount of damage you can take)
Primary Weapon: [Select 1 from Supply Crate below]
Inventory: [Select up to 30 lbs. from Supply Crate]

Supply Crate
Primary Weapons:
Dual Pistols - Short Range - 104 ammo
Shotgun - Short Range - 32 ammo
Pistol - Medium Range - 80 ammo
Assault Rifle - Medium Range - 90 ammo
Sniper Rifle - Long Range - 30 ammo
Crossbow - Long Range - 24 ammo
Saw - Melee - No ammo required
Chainsaw - Melee - 100 "ammo"

Equipment:
Meal Packs - 30, 2 lbs. each
Bear Traps - 16, 3 lbs. each
Water Bottles - 30, 1 lb. each
Radio system - 1, 22 lbs.
Sandbag walls - 8, 8 lbs. each
Tents - 4, 12 lbs. each

The game will start once we have 8 players, and then a few more players can join over time, so hurry up and join before other people do!

• 40 Replies
StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Name: Keket
Melee: 10
Short Range: 10
Medium Range: 0
Long Range: 0
Strength: 10
Primary Weapon: Saw
Inventory: Tent(1), Water Bottles(7), Bear Traps(5)

Zyba
Zyba
1,126 posts
Peasant

Name: Zyba
Melee: 1[XP - Limit 10]
Short Range: 1[XP - Limit 10]
Medium Range: 4[XP - Limit 10]
Long Range: 1[XP - Limit 10]
Strength: 3[XP - Limit 10] (Determines amount of damage you can take)
Primary Weapon: Pistol - Medium Range - 80 ammo
Inventory: 4 Meal Packs - 2 lbs. each, 2 Water Bottles - 1 lb. each, 1 Sandbag walls - 8 lbs. each, 1 Tents - 12 lbs. each

Congratulations, this isn't half bad. I'll take the pistol, so someone else can get the AR. So, why is dualies short range?

Bla20020
Bla20020
65 posts
Nomad

@StormDragon: You've got 4 lbs. too much in your inventory.

@Zyba: You've got 30 XP points. It's just you can't go over 10 in any category for balancing reasons. :3 The dual pistols are short range because I wanted there to be 2 short range weapons, 2 medium range, 2 long range and 2 melee.

Zyba
Zyba
1,126 posts
Peasant

Name: Zyba
Melee: 5[XP - Limit 10]
Short Range: 2[XP - Limit 10]
Medium Range: 10[XP - Limit 10]
Long Range: 3[XP - Limit 10]
Strength: 10[XP - Limit 10] (Determines amount of damage you can take)
Primary Weapon: Pistol - Medium Range - 80 ammo
Inventory: 4 Meal Packs - 2 lbs. each, 2 Water Bottles - 1 lb. each, 1 Sandbag walls - 8 lbs. each, 1 Tents - 12 lbs. each

Now with all 30 XP used. So, what shall we do?

Bla20020
Bla20020
65 posts
Nomad

@Zyba: Wait for either StormDragon to fix his and then get 6 more players or get 7 more players. I have a perfect storyline that requires 8 players and no less...

Bla20020
Bla20020
65 posts
Nomad

@ganlaf: Meh, I really need this forum to have an edit button... You get 30 XP points. You just can't put all 30 on one skil, so I put the 10-point limit on those 5 categories with XP, so re-do it with 30 points, I'm sorry :P

Bla20020
Bla20020
65 posts
Nomad

You get 30 total, meaning 20+10

Zyba
Zyba
1,126 posts
Peasant

You have 30 to spread between your 5 skills, but only up to 10 points per skill, look at mine(the fixed one) and StormDragon's.

Bla20020
Bla20020
65 posts
Nomad

Zyba (Zyba)
Health: 10/10
Melee: 5
Short: 2
Medium: 10 (+2)
Long: 3
Primary Weapon: Pistol (80/80 ammo)
Inventory: Meal Pack (4), Water Bottle (2), Sandbag Wall (1), Tent (1)

Just making an organized version to use for later.

Bla20020
Bla20020
65 posts
Nomad

There we go.

Ganlaf (Ganlaf)
Melee: 5
Short: 3
Medium: 2
Long: 10 (+2)
Primary Weapon: Crossbow (24/24 ammo)
Inventory: Sandbag Wall (1), Tent (1), Water Bottle (4), Meal Pack (3)

Bla20020
Bla20020
65 posts
Nomad

@ganlaf: It's a co-op game. For the most part you'll be in a big group fighting off the zombies. At some points I'll throw in parts where one person searches for food, or the team splits up into 2 groups, you know, all that chiz.

Bla20020
Bla20020
65 posts
Nomad

Added...

Bla20020
Bla20020
65 posts
Nomad

Since I'm afraid that bumping a thread isn't allowed I'm just going to create a character for myself to play along because now that I think of it I'd rather hae a part in my own game rather than just sit and think of what the next game event will be. SMRT

Sergeant Bla (Bla20020)
Melee: 6
Short: 4
Medium: 10 (+2)
Long: 0
Primary Weapon: Assault Rifle
Inventory: Meal Pack (4), Water Bottle (7), Bear Trap (3)

Zyba
Zyba
1,126 posts
Peasant

Could we have NPCs? Then, we could pretend that we don't need the other 5 people yet.

Bla20020
Bla20020
65 posts
Nomad

BLA YOU STOOPID

I just realized that I can put all the players in a .txt file...

Showing 1-15 of 40