[i] More to come. [i]

• 10 Replies
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

Here are the FAQs from the help page:

Q: The Games are Not Appearing for Me!
A: To run the games, you must have the Flash Player plugin. If you do not have this plugin, or a game is not appearing correctly, you should install the Flash Plugin, available here. If you Flash plugin is current and the games are still not working, make sure you do not have a firewall or spyware programming blocking the site. Also try using another browser such as Firefox, Safari, or IE. You can get additional help in the Support and Suggestions forum.

Q: Why do some games load faster than others?
A: Games are all different sizes, which means that it may take anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes to load a game. For example, a game like Fancy Pants Adventures World 2 may take several minutes while a smaller game like Retron will take only a few seconds. It also depends on the time of day and your connection.

Q: I found a bug in one of the games, what should I do?
A: Leave a comment in the author's profile page or in the game, clearly explaining what happened. Authors love reading user comments, and you'll earn points in the meantime!

Q: I've lost points! What happened to them?
A: There could be three possibilities as to why you have lost points. We have either dropped the Rank curve and your points haven't really dropped (just your rank), we have adjusted how many points you get for doing tasks on the website, or we could have removed some of your content due to abuse. Don't worry though! You have plenty of chances to collect more points.

Q: The website is not letting me post and is blocking me!
A: We have blocks on the site that will prevent users from posting multiple times in a short time frame. Just make sure you leave a bit of time between posts, and that you push the "submit" button only once! Or, if alerted to being banned, you have been banned for being too abusive on the site.

Q: I would like a specific game on the site that I played on another site, but it's not here. How can I request it?
A: Drop us an email on the Contact page. If we get enough requests, we'll try to get in contact the with the developer of the game.

Q: Did you ask permission to have all these games?
A: We do not steal from Flash developers, because we feel like they should get the proper credit and dignity to have their work on the sites they want. We will usually ask developers to upload their own content, or have arranged with other Flash websites to host their content.

Q: How do you make a Flash game?
A: We use the product Adobe Flash CS3, and so can you! They have a 30 day free trial on their website, and you can try making a game. Plenty of tutorials are scattered across the web, or you can get help in the programming forum.

Q: Can I download the Flash files for my own website?
A: Sure you can! All the game are available on the Free Website Games page. You can either host the content yourself or use the provided embed code to get a direct link to our content. If there is a game not on this page, please get in contact with us.

Q: What is the Digg icon and number? What about all those other little icons?
A: Digg is a content portal that allows users to choose what news or websites they want to promote to the front page. By Click the "Digg" button on any game page, your are either submitting or sending in your digg to help promote an Amor Games title to Digg. You can learn more about Digg on their help site. The other icons are for other social networking or bookmarking sites as well. Visit each one to find out more!

Q: How can we get in contact with you the quickest?
A: Email us using the Contact page. Leaving comments or feedback on our games or user profile pages may not be seen! You can also visit the Support and Suggestions forum for more specific questions that other users can answer.

Q: What is John's Cat's Name?
A: Muffin.
ferfer313
ferfer313
260 posts
Nomad

These are just some different ones.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

These are just some different ones.

I just wanted to make sure there was no duplication.
Blkasp
Blkasp
1,304 posts
Nomad

Name Strop's real name... Dun..dun...dun....

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I've never seen anyone ask for the names of the administration nor moderation.

Graham
Graham
8,051 posts
Nomad

That is a super-secret, of course.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I'm not budging.

All I'll say is that you should be able to find info on most of AG's admins in places such as the AG Blog. Shouldn't be hard.

The moderators.. well, that's a different story.
Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

I think it would have to take some extremely 1337 skills to identify such a splendid ninja. I mean the person who figures that out would have to be an absolute genius!!! ._. I don't know if there will ever be an individual capable of such a feat.
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Let's just say that if somebody I know shouldn't know my real name somehow knows my real name, I know that somebody who already knows my real name would have told them.

There would be repercussions!

Blkasp
Blkasp
1,304 posts
Nomad

The mighty Strop has spoken...

Showing 1-10 of 10