ForumsThe TavernRandom Facts

302 62222
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Hey everybody. Everybody loves random facts, right? So I've created this topic to discuss about them.

They must be interesting and real (no need to cite sources, but they must be real) and (according to the AG rules) they must have 7 or more words.

Let me begin.

In England a woman named Ceejay Epton (age 22) decided to change her name after her son was born. The reason: she wanted to help the baby to learn the alphabet faster. Then she changed her name to

"Ceejay A Apple B Boat C Cat D Dog E Elephant F Flower G Goat H House I Igloo J Jellyfish K Kite L Lion M Monkey N Nurse O Octopus P Penguin Q Queen R Robot S Sun T Tree U Umbrella V Violin W Whale X X-Ray Y Yo-yo Z Zebra Terryn Feuji-Sharemi"

She got the idea from a friend that wanted to be named "Pink" and decided to change her name too.

The good news is that on England, the name changing process is easy and costs £10

• 302 Replies
IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

[/quote]So, are we just going to skip to 2013 on the calender??[quote]Mr Cenere I believe that in order for this discussion to not go off topic you will have to post a random fact in each post.

Mount Everest is not the tallest mountain in the world.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

I don't think you actually answered the question.
Besides, clarification should be alright.

Library science is a horribly underestimated science.

Happy?

IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

Yes, I shouldn't have to do a mods job. The answer to your question is the world isn't going to end in 2012.

auggy2627liveca
auggy2627liveca
347 posts
Shepherd

When you don't shake your ketchup bottle and you pour it, the liquid that comes out is vinegar. They put vinegar in it so it can last longer without going bad.

Cognizant
Cognizant
12 posts
Nomad

If you supply a headless chicken nutrients via tubes it is possible to keep it alive indefintly.

alovera1
alovera1
510 posts
Peasant

the libary of congress is worlds biggest libary

SquirrelMaster0282
SquirrelMaster0282
454 posts
Nomad

Mr. T's real name is Laurence Tureaud

it is a surprise that this forum isn't locked yet

marbear91
marbear91
11 posts
Nomad

The sandwich was named after the Earl of Sandwich. This hungry noble enjoyed playing chess so much he did not like to stop to eat, so he had meat and cheese placed between two slices of bread so he could snack on it.

darkengy
darkengy
205 posts
Nomad

Brushing your teeth can prevent heart attacks
Using cellphones reduces the chances of having Alzheimer's disease
Attending day cares may protect people from leukemia
Going to bed early can prevent depression & suicide
Chores can prevent breast cancer

johnmerz
johnmerz
536 posts
Shepherd

Racecar spelled backwards is racecar!
[quote=darkenergy]Brushing your teeth can prevent heart attacks[/quote]
It can also prevent or help prevent other things like gingivitis, and dental caries from happening as well.

DOTxTRI
DOTxTRI
65 posts
Nomad

Did you know: Mice don't really like cheese, they just said that mice like cheese in cartoons.

antiloopje
antiloopje
16 posts
Blacksmith

Over 90% of bacteria live in the submarine and terrestial subsoil.

deathbewithyou
deathbewithyou
534 posts
Nomad

You can live an extra 15 years if you floss your teath every day.

ellisdee45
ellisdee45
55 posts
Shepherd

The presidential election is traditionally held on the Tuesday after the first Monday in November. November was chosen as the election month because it was a convenient time for farmers when the weather was still nice enough to travel to the county seat and the bulk of their harvest chores were finished. The Tuesday after the first Monday was chosen to prevent the election from ever falling on the first day of the month and to thwart travel on Sunday.

auggy2627liveca
auggy2627liveca
347 posts
Shepherd

Only one person out of two billon will live to be 116 or older.

Showing 271-285 of 302