ForumsThe TavernWhat is a 'Rant'?

14 2030
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Hi everyone. Id don't know if this is the right place to ask this but:

What is a "Rant" thread?

I don't think that there is differences between Rants and normal posts...

• 14 Replies
Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

A rant is criticism done in an angry manner. Of course, most people just complain.

Sarthra21
Sarthra21
1,078 posts
Nomad

Just a long complaint about something you really really hate.
Make sure to do one in an angry tone, otherwise it's just complaining.

Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,911 posts
Nomad

Solutions aren't given in rants, either. Or at least that's what I've gotten out of reading the rants from various people on here.

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,206 posts
Peasant

Make sure to do one in an angry tone, otherwise it's just complaining.

Actually, making it in an angry tone just shows how pathetic someone is. I mean come on. If you're going to criticize, criticize intelligently.
Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

Actually, making it in an angry tone just shows how pathetic someone is. I mean come on. If you're going to criticize, criticize intelligently.

It's not a rant if it's not angry or frustrated.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

Are you saying intelligent people can't get mad? If so, then there's no intelligent people in the world.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Are you saying intelligent people can't get mad? If so, then there's no intelligent people in the world.

I haven't been truly "angry" in years. I guess that means I've been intelligent for at least that long.
Cranium80
Cranium80
489 posts
Shepherd

A rant is criticism done in an angry manner. Of course, most people just complain.

I think you're right Gantic, but also I rant has to carry on for a bit. It's more than just a 1 or 2 line thing, but a good few paragraphs.
Blkasp
Blkasp
1,304 posts
Nomad

*To speak or declaim extravagantly or violently; talk in a wild or vehement way; rave: The demagogue ranted for hours.
~

*To utter or express with violence or extravagance

*To speak or write in an angry or violent manner; rave.
~

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,150 posts
Peasant

I use 'rants' to make a satirical post. Usually filled with anger or hatred, I'm doing it 50% to troll and 50% to make a point. Speaking of, I haven't done one in a while. I gotta cook something up....

Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

So Rant is a way to speak out loud without flaming? Both actions are similar... how to difference a Rant of a "flame"?

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

I actually made the thread (Step 1 to fame...check), and basically it's just for people to talk about what annoys them and things they don't like.

Showing 1-12 of 14