ForumsThe TavernSelf- Esteem (A Rant)

10 1890
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,150 posts
Peasant

Welcome back everyone to another maniac rant from ME! The topic I want to be angry about is people who have low self- esteem. Now don't get me wrong, there are some people who aren't physically gifted in society, but I think very many of those people make up for it in personality.

This is not my topic, my topic is people who Worry about EVERYTHING! I mean Jesus Christ, "am I too fat for this dress? Are my eyes pretty enough? Do I have enough makeup on to make me look like a FREAKING CLOWN? Does this make my butt look fat?" SHUT UP! You are all fine just the way you are. It's just annoying to hear people complain about themselves. I mean seriously, If you want to look fake, then go ahead and doll yourselves up like prostitutes, or waste your entire life in a gym, but for what? What does all of that give us? I just don't understand it.
But there is another breed of vile human beings I wish to destroy. people who date and marry ONLY for looks. I mean seriously? has America become THIS shallow? That's why there is a 50% divorce rate. Because people who are physically attractive are usually PRICKS! And have you ever hugged a fatty? It's one of the best sensations in the world, it's like hugging a big cuddly teddy bear.
My point, ArmorGames community, being this-- show some love for us fattys. Don't have a low self- esteem, because it's pointless, and don't date and/ or marry for looks alone. Discover a person's personality. That girl or guy you may call ' a beached whale' might save your life one day, or may become your best friend. Or worse, your boss.

• 10 Replies
PlasmaMan
PlasmaMan
464 posts
Nomad

Hmm. Well you might be missing something here. Some people need to improve their image for their health. Sure fattys are nice to hug but their health is at risk. They need to improve themselves so they can have a happier life.

Nater
Nater
1,296 posts
Nomad

Healthy bodies give us better looks. Better looks give us better woman. Better woman give us more joy. More joy give us more self-esteem. Not to mention the elongated life if the exercise is healthy.

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,150 posts
Peasant

Sure fattys are nice to hug but their health is at risk. They need to improve themselves so they can have a happier life.
I'm not saying "Go ahead, eat McDonalds everyday four times a day."
divy1324
divy1324
433 posts
Nomad

Nater has a point. Like if you go exercise for like at least 30 minutes you'll be healthy and fit so you can have a high self-esteem.

PlasmaMan
PlasmaMan
464 posts
Nomad

I'm not saying "Go ahead, eat McDonalds everyday four times a day."

And I know that you're not saying that but you excluded the exceptions to these people in your rant. If you don't put exceptions in the rant then you'll seem like someone who can't stop complaining. It's just that i'm saying that there should be exceptions in a rant.
FloydTC
FloydTC
2,906 posts
Nomad

Because people who are physically attractive are usually PRICKS!

hey that isnt nice! Im a pretty nice guy once you get to know me!
iMogwai
iMogwai
2,027 posts
Peasant

It's all about survival of the fittest. It's human, and most animals', nature to look for a partner who is healthy and fit. It's only natural that people look for a partner with good genes, even if they don't realize that's what they're doing, to ensure that the species is at its best.

Sure, with the way humanity has prospered this is no longer really necessary, but the instincts are still there. Humans are much more affected by the instincts from before we were civilized than you'd think.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Being physically fit can help with things in life. I understand there are people out there who obsess about working out for several hours a day, and I don't particularly agree with that, but it isn't bad to work out. It gives you something to do, improve your health, and even help you with things in life. Such as certain jobs that require you to be fit. If you're in the Marines and you're just a big sack of fat, you're not going to last long in there. If you're a firefighter or even a police officer, have fun trying to do those things without being physically fit. If someone is robbing someone and you can't even run a block without getting winded, that isn't good. It may also help when defending yourself. If you're stronger and more physically fit, you'll most likely be able to defend yourself better than if you're a three hundred pound sack of fat. Most fat people I've seen can't even walk down a hall way in school without getting winded, that's pretty sad. But why would you let yourself go like that? If you do, then you choose to be fat. I know there are diseases out there and whatnot that you can't do anything about your weight, but if you can do stuff about it, then you shouldn't choose to be that way. Being very fat will be a difficult lifestyle to live in. I bet getting winded by walking about twenty feet doesn't sound well, so people should get fit. If someone's fat and they choose to be that way, then later they get insulted and stuff, it's their own fault for choosing that route. Everyone (except for people with those diseases) are capable of being fit. Personally, I'd rather be a fit individual rather than being some sack of fat that can't even do the easiest of things such as running around, playing sports, doing pullups, doing pushups, etc.. I'd hate to be very fat because it wouldn't be a good lifestyle. You'd have health problems in life, get called names, not be able to do the easiest of things, you wouldn't be able to enjoy life. Sure, it's good to eat all that great food and stuff, but you have to exercise otherwise you'll end up getting fatter and fatter. **** happens, man. If you were to be kidnapped by some people while being some sack of fat that can't do anything to defend yourself. What are you gonna do? Just sit there and wait to be killed?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Alright, now, if people don't like how they look. Such as being a very fat individual, then they shouldn't hate themselves for it. They should just choose a better lifestyle, then they'll be happier. I can understand why fat people hate how they look because I can imagine that it must be difficult for them to do things in everyday life, and it must be difficult for them to find clothing that fits them well without them being uncomfortable. But really, if you don't like how you look, then choose a better lifestyle.

Would you rather look like this:
http://www.dreamstime.com/young-fit-man-thumb8247200.jpg

Or like this:
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080915233310/uncyclopedia/images/archive/c/c2/20080915234257!Fat_man.jpg

I can imagine living being that fat would be very difficult. Personally, I'd hate to be that fat. I'd rather be fit than fat anyday, and the reasons have already been stated. I can't really see how you can find love by being like that. I'd like to be with someone that has a great personality and is physically fit. I can't see myself with someone that is obese because it just doesn't feel right. What am I going to be doing with my partner? Enjoy eating with them? We won't be able to do much because of how fat they are, they won't be able to do the things I enjoy doing.

As for the women thing, where they obsess on how they look and such, it's understandable. They want to look pretty, but really, they shouldn't obsess that much. Putting so much makeup on just makes you look hideous. I wouldn't want to be with a girl that wears a lot of makeup, because when she took it off, she'd look very ugly. I'd rather be with someone that has natural beauty.

FloydTC
FloydTC
2,906 posts
Nomad

because it just doesn't feel right.

are you kidding? it feels like memory foam!

What am I going to be doing with my partner?

do you enjoy bouncing on a trampoline?
Showing 1-10 of 10