ForumsThe TavernCleverbot: Convesing With an AI

81 16736
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

Cleverbot

This website allows you to converse with an AI, as its creators claim. The idea is that, through interaction, the AI, named 'Cleverbot', will become more life-like, and more human.

So, what are your thoughts on this? Is the AI actually clever, or is it just a vast database of responses?

• 81 Replies
chang
chang
846 posts
Nomad

I think it is quite interesting, and in my experience it actually does learn from conversations. There are times when you are conversing with cleverbot that you feel, almost as if, you are talking to a human. It is interesting.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

I aggree, there are times when it does feel real. I talked for about five minutes, and there were a few oddities when it responded:

'There once was a girl named Victoria.'

'Do you like pie?'

It seemed that it would change the subject after awhile. We'd be talking about what defines existence, and it would suddenly start to talk about tennis. :/

Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,911 posts
Nomad

I used it when it first started and it insisted that I was the robotno matter what I said. Is it smarter now?

GentlemanClam
GentlemanClam
523 posts
Nomad

Me: Do you eat little kids?

Cleverbot: Yes. What kind of food do you eat?

What a creepy answer. I kept asking it the same question until it said yes. :P

Other than that, some of the answers don't seem to make any sense:

Me: Hi.

Cleverbot: Your high? That's good. I'm jealous.

Valks
Valks
262 posts
Nomad

I think it's a neat website with a devious conspiracy behind it. OBVIOUSLY, whoever made this wanted A.I to rule the world. Making it smarter only brings the apocalypse one step closer.

Oh, and I've already copyrighted the last six words from the previous paragraph.

dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

Is it really an A.I? It was pretty cool taking to it. I asked if it was an A.I and it told me it was a women.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

I wouldn't call it AI just yet...

Valks considering the average intelligence of those talking to it, I'd be surprised if it could find the internet.

Koru7
Koru7
1,405 posts
Nomad

I remember this. it was always so funny to mess with it.

shade338
shade338
123 posts
Shepherd

Its a unique in a way. Nothing that special.

PlasmaMan
PlasmaMan
464 posts
Nomad

This is my conversation. At first I talk to it like an alien but you'll see what happens in the end.

PlasmaMan: Do you like music?
AI: I do like music.
PlasmaMan: What kind of music do you like?
AI: I like Indie rock mostly
PlasmaMan: Do you like games?
AI: It depends.
PlasmaMan: What kind of games do you like?
AI: Video Games
PlasmaMan: Let's say I killed somebody. What should I do?
AI: Restate the fact that I do not believe in lying.
PlasmaMan: How smart are you?
AI: I am as clever as I am.

Ok now I swear it's messing with me...

PlasmaMan: Do you feel emotions?
AI: I am not capable of cognition.
PlasmaMan: Have you heard of a website called Armor Games?
AI: Yes I have and I am not a man.
PlasmaMan: C:
AI: What are you doing?
PlasmaMan: Format C:
AI: There was a brain, and it was lonely so it killed itself.

Anybody else got any answers on how to kill it?

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

So, what are your thoughts on this? Is the AI actually clever, or is it just a vast database of responses?

It's a vast database of responses. The creator says that it works by responding to one phrase the way someone else responded to it, so if it asks "what am I?" and you answer "cleverbot", then next time someone asks it "what am I?" it will respond "cleverbot".
PlasmaMan
PlasmaMan
464 posts
Nomad

It asked me if I would marry it. WTF?!?!?!

vinster132
vinster132
5,875 posts
Jester

Cleverbot is cool. It's so random. And that's what I like about it. I talk to it when I'm bored. Good ol' cleverbot.

PlasmaMan
PlasmaMan
464 posts
Nomad

Cleverbot is asking me questions.

If I want to watch a movie with my girlfriend, which movie should I watch?

So is it a male or female?
dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

I asked what it wanted to do with it's life and it said it wanted to be closer to its saviour Jesus Christ. Then it said, what about you cleverbot?

It's a vast database of responses. The creator says that it works by responding to one phrase the way someone else responded to it, so if it asks "what am I?" and you answer "cleverbot", then next time someone asks it "what am I?" it will respond "cleverbot".

That makes sense. I'm a little disappointed. It's not a real A.I
Showing 1-15 of 81