ForumsProgramming ForumHow do you earn money by games ?

26 26621
nocha
nocha
1 posts
Nomad

I see tons of beatiful games here, Im pretty new to "flash game" stuff, all I can do is simple games

But, there is many beatiful games out there, how do you make money ? what is "adsense" of games ?

• 26 Replies
ExplosionsHurt
ExplosionsHurt
249 posts
Nomad

People pay you money to advertise on the game.

Dregus2
Dregus2
502 posts
Blacksmith

Actually the site pays you money to add the game, and people pay the site to let them put advertisements on the site where your game is at.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

i once saw at a local job agency a job for game tester. they paid 500 euro for the testing of the game killzone.
it sounds very easy. but to actualy get that job was very very hard.
you almost had to be a full journalist

JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,752 posts
Peasant

Actually the site pays you money to add the game

So if you submit a game to the site, you get paid!?
yggdrazil
yggdrazil
1 posts
Peasant

Yes, you do. Think about it: the more games are on this site, the more ads will be on this site, the more money this site earns, so it would only be fair that they pay the developers!

sprooschicken
sprooschicken
1,147 posts
Nomad

It has to be of a certain standard
Dregus2
Dregus2
502 posts
Blacksmith

Well, on the good websites....
xDuked
xDuked
29 posts
Nomad

Yes, you do. Think about it: the more games are on this site, the more ads will be on this site, the more money this site earns, so it would only be fair that they pay the developers!

If a website (AG) has more great games posted in, the website gets paid from ads, and you get paid from people playing the game, and adding it.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

As a business that hosts the games, we have banner ads, sponsored games (they pay us to have the game on the site), "site skins" which is an ad on both sides of the main web site content which is otherwise just blue right now. These are the 'bread and butter' of our revenue and why we hate hearing that users are installing ad blockers. We also sell iPhone/Android games, etc., too...

That income pays to keep the web site online and running quickly, it pays the salaries of several employees, and gives us money that we can turn around give back to the game developers for making quality games. This is usually called a "license fee", and as I understand it, it's a one-time fee that we pay to the game developer. As part of this process, the game developer puts our "clanging swords and shield" animation into their game's preloader, and maybe add other features like online game save, high scores, etc. through some extra library code that we make available to you.

There are other ways to make money in a game too aside from license fees: you can have advertising inside your game (though we're less likely to add the game to our site if there's some other advertising built into it), or you can sell &quotremium content" through a "microtransaction" setup where we can collect money from users IF THEY CHOOSE to pay money for it.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

ive submitted 2 games to this site and neither of them got added to the site. also no response why they don't add the game.
Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

ive submitted 2 games to this site and neither of them got added to the site. also no response why they don't add the game.

It's likely they were of poor quality and not much could be changed to make them significantly better to be added to this site.

Submit your games to sites like Kongregate and if you get scores of at least 3.0/5 by a couple thousand people then consider submitting it to armorgames.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

the game i submitted wold easly get around 8.0 on this site.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

73% voted thumb up on bubblebox

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

73% voted thumb up on bubblebox

Can you link your game?
elshobokshy