ForumsThe TavernZombies?

24 3591
wil4813
wil4813
256 posts
Nomad

Ok, I know this is stupid, but I just read the book 'The Zombie Survival Guide" and am curious if zombies could exist. I did some research and found that the virus mentioned in the book, Solanum, is made up and not real, however it sounds to me like it is possible for zombies to actually exist. I've tried to do research myself but, I find mixed results every where. Just curious to see people's opinions.

• 24 Replies
wil4813
wil4813
256 posts
Nomad

No they would not nuke. That has too big of an effect area. They would quarantine the area.

Wuzibo
Wuzibo
32 posts
Peasant

The Extreme rabies thing might be feasible, the infected, however, wouldn't be able to form into mobs like they would on tv and stuff, because they would also be going after each other. I wonder what would happen if there was a Hollywood type zombies outbreak though. The governments of the world... would they collapse, would society crumble into the small communities of the stone age and humanity would begin again, but at a faster rate, because stuff is already developed.
And i saw the thing about the fungus in insects brains,
there's also a Parasite that goes into snails and does the same thing

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,206 posts
Peasant

When there is no more room in hell the dead will roam the earth.-Samuel L. Jackson

Well hell must be a pretty big place considering most of humanity goes to hell.

Zombies do exists. Back in the days Hawaiian priests used to drug people and it made them look like zombies. Plus, most of these people where mindless while under the effect of the drug. I can post a detailed post later.
RickersXS
RickersXS
80 posts
Nomad

Rabies is very similar to a proper zombie epidemic. Transmitted through biting, it gives the infected an aggressive attitude they might not normally posses. All that's needed is a mutation in the rabies virus that could stimulate the spinal column into a quasi animate state and hey presto real life zombies.

crazyape
crazyape
1,606 posts
Peasant

That would be an Aggro stim, and.... I dunno. You could simply altar the DNA of the rabies virus, to make it a compacted, and highly effective/deadly disease. Why the hell anyone would want to make undead is beyond me...

HydromiTad
HydromiTad
123 posts
Nomad

I'd imagine that, in order to develop a zombie virus, you might have to start with rabies.

Rabies is very similar to a proper zombie epidemic. Transmitted through biting, it gives the infected an aggressive attitude they might not normally posses

Exactly. But you're part wrong about how it gets transmitted. Though it's commonly thought that you get it through bite wounds, you actually get it through the saliva. That means if the infected licked their nails, you could get rabies through scratches.

You could simply altar the DNA of the rabies virus, to make it a compacted, and highly effective/deadly disease. Why the hell anyone would want to make undead is beyond me...

Why do we have labs that create nanobots that could kill us? So we can win wars. Same idea behind the nuclear bomb.
crazyape
crazyape
1,606 posts
Peasant

Touche. I think it ould be spread through the military. They give these masive bio warfare immunity shots to the soldiers.... If someone contaminated those shots, the army would be bullet proof zombies. With weapons. And vehicles.

iMogwai
iMogwai
2,027 posts
Peasant

5 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Apocalypse Could Actually Happen.

Read, and be afraid. Be very afraid.

On a side note, I talked to a guy on WoW who mentioned he kept a hammer and a knife next to his bed. The knife in case of burglars, and the hammer in case of a zombie invasion. He was totally serious about it too.

Showing 16-23 of 24