ForumsThe TavernGeneral People Discussion

16 3264
murasaki9
murasaki9
1,388 posts
Blacksmith

What do you think about people?
Basically, let's talk about people and what you think about them.
Ex.: You see a man wearing a three piece suit and carrying an envelope, what do you start to imagine about him?

• 16 Replies
Valks
Valks
262 posts
Nomad

You see a man wearing a three piece suit and carrying an envelope, what do you start to imagine about him

He's got a gun, an assassination contract, and or illegal substances in there.

Or maybe he's just making a last minute depoist to the bank...
Dregus2
Dregus2
492 posts
Blacksmith

Or maybe he was an 18th century mailman that carried everything by hand. "Telegram for Mr.Watson!"

Conflicted
Conflicted
30 posts
Nomad

You see a man wearing a three piece suit and carrying an envelope, what do you start to imagine about him?

He could be a business man, mailing a letter on his way to work.

I normally don't judge people by how the look, I tend to make an opinion of them after having a conversation with them.
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

I tend to judge them after 1. a fight 2.an argument 3. a conversation
(in no order whatsoever)

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,157 posts
Nomad

I think people in general are nice. Most people are. When someone's not nice, I tend to not be around them. Pretty simple. It's fun to be able to interact with others who share certain interests you have, but are completely different from you nonetheless.

Dylski11
Dylski11
37 posts
Nomad

In my town. There is no such thing as a person anymore...

murasaki9
murasaki9
1,388 posts
Blacksmith

Interesting.
Let's say you see a short kid walking around in a store. He wears glasses, blue jeans, and a red sweater. He has a key chain he keeps swinging around. What would you imagine about him?

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

^I don't really know what to think. I've really not seen a lot of people who fit that description, so I can't say.

murasaki9
murasaki9
1,388 posts
Blacksmith

I meant to say, red tshirt. Never mind.
I just thought people would have great imagination when it comes to observing others.
I mean, just, what do you think about certain people?
You see someone and you start, oh wait, maybe not...

murasaki9
murasaki9
1,388 posts
Blacksmith

Oh, sorry for the double posting.
But, I didn't say anything about judging someones personality.

murasaki9
murasaki9
1,388 posts
Blacksmith

O, never mind. This won't work, Jeol.
I thought it might be interesting if
people imagined things about other
people just by looking at them, you
know, in the creative sense? But, it
won't work.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

I guess that is because we have all been brought up with the thought that stereotypes are bad, and you shouldn't judge others by their looks.
You would probably have gotten further by rephrasing the question and posting this in the AMW for people to make stories about the person you mention.
As it is currently, everyone is going to take it seriously, as if they saw someone, what they would think about them from their looks.

Would have posted an image of a certain three piece wearing guy, but apparently I have none. But WoM and all.

murasaki9
murasaki9
1,388 posts
Blacksmith

Could I have this moved to the AMW?
Or
Should I just make a new post for
this in the AMW?

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

As mentioned, it would need a rewrite of the opening post, so it would do nothing to simply move it. Make a new one, and I will lock this.

Showing 1-14 of 16