ForumsGamesAmnesia Help

7 2401
alexstargazer
alexstargazer
347 posts
Nomad

Alright. I bought Amnesia off of Steam like a month ago. I tried launching the game and when I did, it game me this message:

FATAL ERROR: Renderer #0 could not be initialized! Make sure your graphic card drivers are up to date. Check log file for more information.

I checked my graphic card drivers, and they are all up to date.

I've also checked various other websites on how to fix this problem, but none of them seem to be working.

Luckily, I got this game while it was on sale ($5), but I really wish it would work, and I wouldn't have to waste that $5.

When it first happened, I spent hours trying to figure it out.

I've uninstalled my drivers, restarted the computer, and updated them (people said that generally works, but it didn't for me, unless I did it wrong).

I'm not really sure what to do, but if you have any suggestions, I will be glad to try and out and report back.

Thanks for all the help!
  • 7 Replies
Blkasp
Blkasp
1,308 posts
Nomad

How old is your graphic card? Can it even run the game?

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

You are running out of graphic memory when you use higher resolutions. So try launching the game at 1024x768 and take off full screen.

Anyways, to fix this, do the following steps:

Enter your display properties and set your desktop color depth to 32. If it's already like that then leave it.

Play the game at low resolution

Turn off SSAO and EdgeSmooth

and make sure that you only have one display set in the graphic card's control panel.

Problems like these usually happen either because your running something in the background or your graphic card cannot handle it. What graphic card do you use?

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

Really don't play the game. It is a great game and I've played it for 20 hours and I wasn't even in prison. Just because I got scared and hide in the corner and build a fort of tons.

alexstargazer
alexstargazer
347 posts
Nomad

How old is your graphic card? Can it even run the game?

When I run the game, it tells me what my Video device is (which I am guessing is the graphics card. It is Intel G45/G43 Express Chipset.

You are running out of graphic memory when you use higher resolutions. So try launching the game at 1024x768 and take off full screen.

Anyways, to fix this, do the following steps:

Enter your display properties and set your desktop color depth to 32. If it's already like that then leave it.

Play the game at low resolution

Turn off SSAO and EdgeSmooth

and make sure that you only have one display set in the graphic card's control panel.

Quality: Custom
Resolution: 1024 X 768
Texture Quality: Low
Shadow Quality: Low
Shadow Resolution: Low
FullScreen: Off
SSAO: Off
EdgeSmooth: Off

I believe I only have one dislay set in the graphic card's control panel. Just Monitor DELL IN2020M

It still gave me the same message as before.
loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

Okay, so what your specs in general?

alexstargazer
alexstargazer
347 posts
Nomad

Go to this site and check if you can even run the game, or go to run if using windows xp or search bar if using windows 7 and type DXDIAG and see if your system requirements are in check with the game. Hope this helps.

Went to the site, and turns out it doesn't meet the requirements. Dang. I think I'll be using that site to make sure the next game I buy is able to work on my computer.
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

Lol

But I think you should upgrade cuz it is a very cool game. (I suppose cuz I didn't get far of scaryniss.)

Showing 1-7 of 7