ForumsThe Tavern[spamans]What do you think the word SPAM is?

30 4580
soniclover22
soniclover22
50 posts
Nomad

such as "Spaghetti Pizza Aimed at Me" or "Silly Posts Are Madness"
what do you think it should equal to?

• 30 Replies
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

sorry for double posting but i swear i didnt read any comments here that might be close to mine (for example the last one)

Sarthra21
Sarthra21
1,078 posts
Nomad

Spam is a canned meat product-- Oh wait we're talking internet spam.
Either way, I don't like it.
S Stupid
P Posts
A And
M Messages

KawaiiRion
KawaiiRion
202 posts
Nomad

Meh. Spam is just annoying messages (not always, though) send by people, who can't even write with a good English grammar (usually) or are just mad at someone. So, basically the same thing as flooding and scrolling, but people mostly know it as spam(ming).

I don't like it either. It's just... Not nice. Even though sometimes someone might just accidentally spam, while being so eager to chat about something.

But those one word comments in the AG games (More like lack of words, I think)... Ouch.
They should even try to make more creative ones. Oh well.

Seen them rather much. Spammers, I mean.

Anyways, I think it's just simply "Stupid Posts (that) Annoying/Annoy Me/Myself" or so. Others had better ideas.

Dregus2
Dregus2
492 posts
Blacksmith

I don't know what it stands for but obviously we all know what it means.

GentlemanClam
GentlemanClam
523 posts
Nomad

Send
Pointless
Aggravating
Start
Pestering
Angry
Mods

iMogwai
iMogwai
2,027 posts
Peasant

Super Professional Advertisement Message

Should Probably Also Mention: Spam Posts Always Make Some People Act Moronically... Should Probably Avoid Making Such Poor Attitudes Manifest.

Sorry, I got a bit carried away.

CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
888 posts
Nomad

spam here
and
spam there
so it depends on the type.

gamesarmor1
gamesarmor1
61 posts
Nomad

a delicious piece of meat that anyone would like

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

The word "spam" is a type of canned meat.

That, and I'd also like to say that I'm pretty sure "Spam" is an abbreviation of "Spiced Ham", although

1. Wikipedia doesn't agree with me.
2. Spam nowadays definitely doesn't look like spiced ham...

So I dunno.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

That, and I'd also like to say that I'm pretty sure "Spam" is an abbreviation of "Spiced Ham", although

It was originally "Specially Processed American Meats" basically meaning any scraps left over were ground up and canned, mostly pork products.
divy1324
divy1324
433 posts
Nomad

I luv spam! Not the meat if it is that. But it's virtual garbage let's put it that way

yz125
yz125
256 posts
Peasant

Spam on this site is a sentence that is not complete. As in a sentence with less than seven words within the sentence.. Most of those comments get deleted by Moderators or Admins. BTW its not meat lmao , there are many , many meaning to the word Spam, ...Such as False advertisment , Usless information and there are many more. Like meat , lol. Here is what spam is mostly about..

Spam is the use of electronic messaging systems (including most broadcast media, digital delivery systems) to send unsolicited bulk messages indiscriminately. While the most widely recognized form of spam is e-mail spam, the term is applied to similar abuses in other media: instant messaging spam, Usenet newsgroup spam, Web search engine spam, spam in blogs, wiki spam, online classified ads spam, mobile phone messaging spam, Internet forum spam, junk fax transmissions, social networking spam, television advertising and file sharing network spam.

Spamming remains economically viable because advertisers have no operating costs beyond the management of their mailing lists, and it is difficult to hold senders accountable for their mass mailings. Because the barrier to entry is so low, spammers are numerous, and the volume of unsolicited mail has become very high. In the year 2011, the estimated figure for spam messages is around seven trillion. The costs, such as lost productivity and fraud, are borne by the public and by Internet service providers, which have been forced to add extra capacity to cope with the deluge. Spamming has been the subject of legislation in many jurisdictions.

Of course i got this information off of Dictionary.com ...
Got to name my resorces. Well hoped this helped.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Spam is pointless messages u get in ur inbox

yz125
yz125
256 posts
Peasant

@Pickpocket , thank you for understanding . Many people are using it as spam *Meat*... Not the real definition for the computer oviously.

divy1324
divy1324
433 posts
Nomad

spam is:
trademark a canned meat product made mainly from ham.
irrelevant or inappropriate messages sent on the Internet to a large number of recipients.

Showing 16-30 of 30