5,952 posts
Shepherd

This is about shark week on discovery. Post anything related to it here

• 4 Replies
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

I saw an earlier thread related to Shark Week, but it no longer appears in the Tavern. In that thread was a link to a Mythbusters scene on whether dolphins scare sharks or not. As it turns out, dolphins do deter sharks.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

Sadly i can't get discovery here, which is killing me because i love me some sharks.
Unrelated to the programme, but relevant since it's "shark week". I read in the paper here that a corpse of a whale or something similar was washed up on shore at a beach (Australia i'm guessing as it was in the Jakarta post) and a group of sharks were heading towards the shore of this body when two dogs jumped off a boat, attacked a shark, chased them away, then swam on shore to shake the water of their fur.

I found it pretty incredible to read.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

'Show me your teeth! Show me your teeth! Show me. Your. Teeth!'

Shark Week is my favorite week of the year. Only thing thouhg, is that they seem to repeat about 90% of the material every year.

The one about the 'flying' great whites is my favorite. They can get some pretty serious air, though you can't help but feel a little bad for the seal. Just calm water and then...

Seal jumps out of the water!

Great White leaps 15 feet into the air, comes completely out of the water, turns a full flip, spins 360 degrees, then gobbles the seal up, all before hitting the water.

Epic.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Oh yeah it's called air jaws lol. I just finished it. Yeah they do repeat it alot but its good stuff I also saw jaws cones hone. It was cool. I literally finished watching this stuff. EPIC!

Showing 1-4 of 4