ForumsSupport ForumBlocking games

6 2028
mercuraz
mercuraz
2 posts
Nomad

Hi Armor Games team,

I am a university student and am finding it increasingly difficult to ignore one particular game so I can focus on my studies. Everybody Edits is brilliant but very distracting. Is it possible for me to block a game or block the link? If so, how?

Thanks

Merc

• 6 Replies
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I don't see why you would need to block a game. Simply don't go to the game.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

We don't currently have a way for users to block certain games. We've talked about having a kind of parental control on AG3 at some point with a home-bulit "rating" system. We could maybe add a &quotersonal block-list" on there too where we'll never show a game on the site that you've asked us to block.

mercuraz
mercuraz
2 posts
Nomad

That sounds good to me cormyn . It would be great if you could add that block-list!

@Patrick2011 Some things arent so easy for some people, like me. I almost always have to play Everybody Edits everyday and it's really addictive and really distracting. There are some games I can easily let go (such games that arent from AG) because I can just delete my account from there. But there is no point in deleting my account on AG because I can always come back as a "guest" and go crazy anyway.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Does any one know if it is possible to block a specific page through a browser? If so, you might be able to block that game link. But I'm not sure if that is an available feature or not. I'm sure some browser has thought of it, at least in parental settings.

koolkylekool
koolkylekool
247 posts
Nomad

One of the best things you can do to drop an addiction to this game is to focus your mind on another habit. Try drawing, or writing, or sit back and watch TV. Just do something else and keep yourself pre-occupied. One of my favorites is to do a little exercise, like jogging around the block. Keeps your mind occupied and keeps you fit.

Of course, you could just download an extension/add-on to block that page, depending on your browser.

Showing 1-5 of 6